cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 04:06 AM   #1
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Now I remember why I stopped posting on CougarBoard...

I've received more emails in the last hour than I had previously received in the past year. I keep promising myself that I will no longer post on CougarBoard -- kind of like when I was 16 and repeatedly promised my bishop I would stop making out with Maureen Hannigan -- only to once again yield to temptation. I swear, I just go over there to read the threads, with no intention of it escalating further. But then I latch on to some hopelessly misguided post and it's like Maureen Hannigan all over again. She's rubbing my chest with one hand while the other begins to advance northward from my kneecap. And then she starts up with that vodoo sex nibble she does on my ear. I would like to say "no". I would be a better person if I said "no". But you know and I know and my bishop knows that there is no way on earth that I am going to say "no".

With that said, though, I swear I will never post on CougarBoard again.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan

Last edited by non sequitur; 06-15-2006 at 04:21 AM.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 AM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

What did you post? I just did a search for your posts and it showed three fairly tame posts. Oddly, none of them show up on the board list. Have you been banned?

I rarely post over there anymore either.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #3
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
What did you post? I just did a search for your posts and it showed three fairly tame posts. Oddly, none of them show up on the board list. Have you been banned?

I rarely post over there anymore either.
I had around 8 posts deleted in the space of an hour. The first one was in response to people congratulating the Church for firing the philosophy professor who spoke out against the Church's stand on the amendment issue. My first post:

I'm puzzled that anyone can support the Church's position in this matter. That a University, of all places, would react in such a heavy-handed manner to a person who was simply expressing a valid opinion is shameful. It's times like this that I'm embarrassed to be a BYU alum. I have the utmost respect for this professor -- he surely knew what the fallout would be -- and nothing but disgust for the actions of BYU and the Church. How anyone can congratulate the Church for dismissing this guy is perplexing, to say the least.

Then I was accused by RockyBalboa of pimping Satan's plan. I replied:

I have no problem with people believing that SSM is part of Satan's plan. I don't agree with you, but I respect your right to hold that opinion and to express that opinion. But if I were your employer I would certainly never fire you for expressing those opinions. I happen to feel that a free exchange of ideas is a healthy thing. It's a shame that the Church is so intent on controlling the thoughts and opinions of its members. I must say, though, that after reading the majority of opinions on this board, I'm convinced that when it does comes to thought-control, their tactics are quite successful.

At this point all of my posts were deleted and I responded with:

How laughable is it that a thread in which I lament the way the Church controls the thoughts and opinions of its members is deleted? Kudos to Jefe for so elegantly making my point.

There were several subsequent posts that were ultimately deleted, at which point tkh9 and myself finished our spat through boardmail.

My favorite post to get deleted, though was one where RockyBalboa simply posted, "Cats suck" and someone else responded, "No, cats lick." I then replied, "Now I understand the whole Batman/Catwoman dynamic." I thought it was pretty funny, but it was promptly removed.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan

Last edited by non sequitur; 06-15-2006 at 05:49 AM.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

That Batwoman/Catwoman exchange is pretty funny. Now on to more serious questions--are you a Penthouse letter to the editor writer or do you write Harlequin romance novels because that steamy exchange you wrote above would probably get you a romance novel writing deal or better yet, it would probably get you banned on cougarboard for eternity.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
I've received more emails in the last hour than I had previously received in the past year. I keep promising myself that I will no longer post on CougarBoard -- kind of like when I was 16 and repeatedly promised my bishop I would stop making out with Maureen Hannigan -- only to once again yield to temptation. I swear, I just go over there to read the threads, with no intention of it escalating further. But then I latch on to some hopelessly misguided post and it's like Maureen Hannigan all over again. She's rubbing my chest with one hand while the other begins to advance northward from my kneecap. And then she starts up with that vodoo sex nibble she does on my ear. I would like to say "no". I would be a better person if I said "no". But you know and I know and my bishop knows that there is no way on earth that I am going to say "no".

With that said, though, I swear I will never post on CougarBoard again.

LOL! Very funny stuff. Man I love your posts.

Great points about BYU, by the way. I constantly wonder how good of a job BYU is doing in educating its students. The lessons that seem to predominate are that debate is intolerable and that those who disagree with us or who are different than us should be punished.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Do you feel the same way when a post is deleted here on CG?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Do you feel the same way when a post is deleted here on CG?

Don't be so intentionally obstinate. There is no forum I am aware of that allows anything and everything to be posted. Everyone draws a line somewhere on what is appropriate for posting.

Mike allows for FAR more leniency than CB does, though. And both you and I know it.

Apparently non-sequitur is comfortable with where that line is drawn here and not comfortable with where it is drawn on CB. There is nothing inconsistent in that position.

Why do you feel the need to defend CB all the time?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote