cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kiss Kiss Bang Bang review...

First off, let me just say that if you are offended by the use of strong language, you will not want to see this movie. There were also a couple of nudie scenes that were not needed. Too bad.

Now with that behind us, this was a terrific movie. Robert Downey Jr. was very good as usual...it is really too bad that drugs and alcohol have limited his work over the years because he is a very likable guy on the screen and a fine actor. Val Kilmer was equally very good as Gay Pardee.

This was a movie where I found myself laughing out loud often. Very funny, interesting and some very good acting. The woman in it is beautiful and good at acting. I would have this as a top 5 movie this year compared with all the ones that I have seen. Two thumbs up.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

are the nudie scenes of men or women?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
There were also a couple of nudie scenes that were not needed. Too bad.
So if were going to rate the movie on a scale of "A" to "D", how many cups would you give it?
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

The lead actress was Michelle Monaghan. I have never seen her in a movie and she does have a couple of nudie flashes. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1157358/photogallery

Its too bad because the nudity was not needed for the story. And fwiw, she is going to be famous...very good actress.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ...

i went and watched it last night...

absolutely hilarious. very very well done. vulgar yes, although i dont hear f-bombs for some reason, and there are a few nude scenes, although not as extensive as i like, errrr, as i thought. nudity in movies bothers me greatly and there isnt a long sex nude scene, just stupid nudity that doesnt make much sense.

robert downey jr was greaty, val kilmer was great, the girl was freaking hot and the story was fast moving and entertaining.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote