cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone getting tired of lost?

boy it moves so slow.

and last night im thinking some major revelations are going to take place and what happens....

we find out a small plane somehow traveled from nigeria to the south pacific, and the nigerian dude isnt afraid of black smoke that looks like it has some electrical charge running through it.

anyone know what is going on?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

If you watch carefully, you see images in the black smoke with the lightning. I thought I saw images of his brother's church in there-- maybe images of his past and the evil things he's done?

I thought the episode was ok, but this season is not as exciting as the first season.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
Rickomatic

Rickomatic

Lost is a show that needs to be watched several times to pick up all of the little hints that are thrown in are various time. TIVO is my friend.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

Mark Twain
Rickomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I still don't tire of it.

I enjoyed last nights episode, especially the story behind Echo.

I was disappointed about the "2 hour special" hype. Why couldn't they tell us it was a 1 hour review followed by a one hour new episode?

I did feel like the black smoke was a bit of cop out, but I did not see the images in the cloud. It just looked like lightening to me. I would imagine that there will be more to the whole smoke/Echo thing.

It was interesting to watch (whats his name) inside the compound once Locke blew the hatch. He would have made the Neo's up in Northern Idaho proud with the way he suited up and loaded up the ammo so quickly. I don't remember that scene from previous episodes.

You're right. They are setting the show up to be a 10-season series with all of the new story lines they continue to introduce.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like the character of Echo.

He is the new moral center of the show.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #6
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose

You're right. They are setting the show up to be a 10-season series with all of the new story lines they continue to introduce.

I hope not. It seems with the collection of people and personalities and stories that they've created, that they would somehow force the characters of the show to have to face their troubled past by being rescued...
Old 01-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
fuegote

fuegote

what's lost?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

One can't grow tired of it if one hasn't ever seen it.

Thank goodness for sports channels or I'd never watch tv.

On second thought, curse sports channels because they invoke me to watch tv.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear people say this all the time...'I don't like Lost because it is moving too slow.' I actually like how they are handling it. Why reveal a bunch of information in ever episode? I enjoy learning about the characters background and who they are. This is one of the main reasons why I enjoy the show is the character development.

Yes, I would love the current story to move real fast and give all the answers but it should not. The characters have been on the island for 50 days and it is slowly being revealed to them...the same as to the viewer. Keep giving us background on the characters, the conclusion and the answers will come.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
I hear people say this all the time...'I don't like Lost because it is moving too slow.' I actually like how they are handling it. Why reveal a bunch of information in ever episode? I enjoy learning about the characters background and who they are. This is one of the main reasons why I enjoy the show is the character development.

Yes, I would love the current story to move real fast and give all the answers but it should not. The characters have been on the island for 50 days and it is slowly being revealed to them...the same as to the viewer. Keep giving us background on the characters, the conclusion and the answers will come.
heres my beef with the story line....

you have 50 loose ends that keep popping up every single episode, the characters seem to just brush these aside and continue moving forward until the writers interject another story line.

for example....where is the french chick and why doesnt anyone care she is gone? where is desmond and why doesnt anyone care he is gone? why havent the others killed the first group of survivors? why didnt jack and lock talk about the black cloud after they encountered it 2 weeks ago? why havent they returned to the black rock or the ship for further clues?

see what i am saying?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote