cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Good article on Ainge

http://www.sltrib.com/collegesports/ci_5431313

I'm grateful for Ainge and his career, and the way he and his dad handled things. Danny could have pulled his weight to get Austin more playing time, but it would have been divisive. As a father I can imagine the restraint it would take to not use your position to try to further your son's status.

Danny now makes a few comments but does it in a pretty classy way--not aggressive. But I don't agree with Danny. I don't think Austin deserved more PT in his career. He's flourished since Broadus left, but Broadus always had more upside and outplayed Ainge his junior year. Ainge outplayed Broadus the first half of the year, but Broadus' potential and play as a junior dictated that you don't just bury him on the bench. Rose played it very well, splitting time and waiting to see who would emerge.

But Broadus made a mistake and Ainge became the man. Ainge is an adequate MWC point guard. He doesn't have the tools--he's slow and weak--but he's done well with what God's gifted him with. I'm appreciative to Ainge, now go get us that NCAA win!
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote