cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #11
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

If you watch Caprica, there was an interesting, to me, scene the other night wherein a father is forced to go on a talk show and apologize for his daughter being a terrorist in order to save his company's stock price.

Of course, his wife came on, and he wound up subverting the model, backtracking from what his handlers 'incorrectly' told him to do, but I wonder what would've happened if Woods had said something different from what we all expected (a rote boring apology)....what if he had said, "I've got some flaws, I'm working them out, I've hurt some people, and I'm still coming to terms with how to control my desires so that I don't hurt my wife anymore."

Anyway, no matter what he did, he was going to be pilloried.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

but isn't what you said exactly what Tiger said?

It's too bad Tiger didn't tell the truth. "I enjoyed every moment of getting laid by those beautiful women. But now that it is blown up in my face, I don't think I'll ever get that kind of enjoyment again. And it really sucks that I might not be able to be with my kids and wife anymore. So I've been doing a little investigating, looking at myself, trying to figure out if I can live without all that bullcrap and keep it real with the fam. We'll see."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
wuapinmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
but isn't what you said exactly what Tiger said?

It's too bad Tiger didn't tell the truth. "I enjoyed every moment of getting laid by those beautiful women. But now that it is blown up in my face, I don't think I'll ever get that kind of enjoyment again. And it really sucks that I might not be able to be with my kids and wife anymore. So I've been doing a little investigating, looking at myself, trying to figure out if I can live without all that bullcrap and keep it real with the fam. We'll see."
It is virtually what he said, but he didn't 'mean' it--in the public's eye. If it were unscripted, and off the cuff, not to the extent that you put it above, then it wouldn't ring so hollow with people. Right now, it just seems like he's more worried about money than his family. Of course, I'm on pain pills, so it's possible that I'm rambling.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 AM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

who cares what he is worried about. He needed to do a pro forma apology, which he did. Then he will start playing golf, and all will be forgotten.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #15
wuapinmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
who cares what he is worried about. He needed to do a pro forma apology, which he did. Then he will start playing golf, and all will be forgotten.
The public cares. Cynicism about his motives definitely colors the reception of his apology. I agree though. If he starts winning again, people will move on. This period will be the awkward segment sad-music part of the Tiger: The Movie in about 2030.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

So Tiger and Elin are now divorced.

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

We can finally move on.