cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jerry Jones and the Cowboys

I have the curse of being a Cowboys fan. Started young when I watched Danny White. I can't stand Jerry Jones.

So I was little bit perplexed about the Cowboys pick last night in the first round. I was expecting a reach on a guy with character issues. That's what Jerry likes to do. Take the guy with no character. Everyone says it is because he thinks he can fix those guys. I think it's because he's cheap and thinks there is value and doesn't actually care very much about character.

So I was wondering if it was possible Jerry had taken a normal good football player without character issues. Then I read that the guy had the lowest Wonderlic score in the history of the test.

Pick made sense. And I was satisfied. Perfect Cowboys pick.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Jerry & his inability to manage the team in a salary cap world just drives me nuts. He doesn't know and doesn't know(or doesn't care) that he doesn't know. And it's not going to get any better as long as Jerry continues to be the GM of the Cowboys.

BTW, I'm a Cowboy fan too but the last 16 years or so have made me quite pessimistic. They've also made it clear what the problem is.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You're absolutely right. Jerry overrates his own players and likes to "reward" them with big contracts that make no sense. The best teams have absolutely no conscious and try to get as much talent as possible for as little money as possible. Jerry likes to share his wealth and be loved.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

As a Steeler fan, I have rather enjoyed the demise of the Cowboys.