cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big win for the Kings last night

Jimmer didnt' have a great game, but did play all the key minutes at the end. I was surprised when they kept him in the game during the last minute, as I figured he would be considered a defensive liability. I would have pulled him. But they didn't and the Kings won a big game (first game for new HC Keith Smart).

Of course, encouraged that Jimmer got minutes under Smart.

I think one question has been answered. Jimmer is not out of place in the NBA. He can play for years in the NBA.

The big question in my mind is whether he will ever be good enough to be a starter. With a 10th pick in the NBA, I would hope that that pick would become a starter in the prime of his career. So the question now is where is Jimmer's ceiling. We are seeing somewhat conservative play from Jimmer, esp. with the ball in his hand. part of it I think is the game being much faster now and he can't do as much, but more so he just hasn't been unleashed whether because of lack of confidence, fitting in with teammates, or coaches' instruction. Not saying he is going to "go off" when/if he does become unleashed. I hope he does.

Now the tough question for me: do I pay the bucks to get NBA League pass to watch more games. I usually watch almost no NBA regular season games.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote