cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #201
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
You have a pretty low threshold for "intellectual".
That is a binary way of framing the issue.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #202
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It is hard to fathom the mentality of people who as adults still go around challenging people to fist fights. When RockyBalboa suddenly disappears from the board someday we'll know to look for his name on the jail roster. But hey, while moonlighting as Cesar's bottom he can take comfort in knowing that he played a tough guy on cougarguard.

And no, spewing verbal vitrol, no matter how ugly, is not the same as getting physical. One is a crime, one is not. So don't try to equate the two.
I haven't challenged you to a fist fight. I've simply challenged you to say the same thing in person to his face or my face. No fisticuffs. No Physical altercations. Just a simple and easy challenge.

I simply just believe that you are 100% all talk when it comes to your anonymity behind a computer blatantly disparaging FMCoug. I don't know FMCoug and have never met him. I like the guy, I like his style, and he makes me laugh. He seems like a true salt of the earth type to me that is just trying to make an honest living and raising his family the best he knows, while sharing some feelings on spirituality.

You are a coward in the truest form and if it's true that cowards die many times before their death, then congrats for cornering the market on that.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #203
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I haven't challenged you to a fist fight. I've simply challenged you to say the same thing in person to his face or my face. No fisticuffs. No Physical altercations. Just a simple and easy challenge.

I simply just believe that you are 100% all talk when it comes to your anonymity behind a computer blatantly disparaging FMCoug. I don't know FMCoug and have never met him. I like the guy, I like his style, and he makes me laugh. He seems like a true salt of the earth type to me that is just trying to make an honest living and raising his family the best he knows, while sharing some feelings on spirituality.

You are a coward in the truest form and if it's true that cowards die many times before their death, then congrats for cornering the market on that.
Adam may lack tact at times, but he is no coward.

He confronted the AD back during the Crowton years at a Marriott School luncheon with very pointed questions. You underestimate Adam.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #204
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Rocky has already test marketed this one on me and he must have thought it was pretty clever so he's now starting to mass market it.

This is basically Rocky's tacit acknowledgement that the only way he can "win" an argument is to physically bludgeon the other person.
I never once challenged you to a fight either. Not one time. I've simply offered you the opportunity to continue your board police/trolling antics that you revel to say to my face in person what you do on here, because I know you're the type who lives behind his computer and lets the anonymity of it make you feel safe, cause you and I both know your the cowardly type that would never say those things in front of other people.

Simple as that.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #205
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Adam is a truly good host, and I've enjoyed his hospitality in several locales. Whether he's brusk on the internet is one thing, but in person he is a gentleman.
That's my whole point, if he really is a gentleman in person,,,,would he even come close to daring to say the things to FMCoug's face that he said online?

No he wouldn't.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 PM   #206
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I once challenged UteStar to meet me in person so I could tell him how I really feel about him to his face. He politely declined.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #207
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
That's my whole point, if he really is a gentleman in person,,,,would he even come close to daring to say the things to FMCoug's face that he said online?

No he wouldn't.

Rocky, while I appreciate the kind words, I'd like for us to all drop this if possible. The thread has moved on and I'd hate for this to start back up.

And like cougjunkie said, kudos to those who were able to get this thread pointed back in a positive direction.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #208
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I once challenged UteStar to meet me in person so I could tell him how I really feel about him to his face. He politely declined.
Yes I understand he exposed more than his face. It's rather embarrassing as this is a woman friendly site, so I'd rather you not get into it.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #209
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Adam may lack tact at times, but he is no coward.

He confronted the AD back during the Crowton years at a Marriott School luncheon with very pointed questions. You underestimate Adam.
So far he's proven to me otherwise and until then,,,,I'll call him a coward and then some.

A title he's rightfully earned.

Though I'm not surprised you'd defend him in this thread, though you're okay with others getting lambasted in other threads. You're nothing, if consistent.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #210
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Rocky, while I appreciate the kind words, I'd like for us to all drop this if possible. The thread has moved on and I'd hate for this to start back up.

And like cougjunkie said, kudos to those who were able to get this thread pointed back in a positive direction.
Fair enough.

I've said my piece.