cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I don't know that seems awful high to me
How many wards are there in the US. I bet every ward has an average of 2-10 BYU fans who would switch. At least the typical middle-class suburban ward full of western transplants.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
How many wards are there in the US. I bet every ward has an average of 2-10 BYU fans who would switch. At least the typical middle-class suburban ward full of western transplants.
I think you might be overestimating the number that would switch for that reason. I don't doubt subscribers are down for DISH I just doubt that the 37,000 is due to the MTN.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #13
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I think you might be overestimating the number that would switch for that reason. I don't doubt subscribers are down for DISH I just doubt that the 37,000 is due to the MTN.
I doubt that the full 37,000 was due to the MTN as well, assuming that's an accurate number. I could imagine in the range of 8,000-15,000...

I do, however, believe there are likely more than 30,000 BYU fans who HAD (or still have) Dish, and would like to see the games.

Some of those won't switch, and some will when their contracts are up...but certainly not all at once.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #14
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
and if they do that I may go back in 2 years.
I will switch back to Dish when the pick up the mtn. DTV is fine, but Dish is just a little better in my mind.
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #15
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
I will switch back to Dish when the pick up the mtn. DTV is fine, but Dish is just a little better in my mind.
I don't think I'll go back. I was having other problems with Dish. The signal was going out a lot and they didn't know how to fix it. I have never had signal problems with Directv.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote