cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Great win for the Heat.

Contrary to CW, I think the Heat are the better team and will win the series. A game 5 win will really put the Mavs on the ropes.

The key to winning tonight was Shaq. He was everywhere on defense. He got out to the perimiter quickly on rotations and was fast enough to jump back and clog the lane when necessary. It seemed to really throw Dirk and the others to have Shaq so active on the floor.

He looked like his old self tonight.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that a win in game 5 could put too much pressure on Dallas, but it's awfully tough for a team to win 3 in a row in a series this deep in the playoffs, though it has been done before.

No matter which team wins, there will be a former Ute with a ring at the end. It's a win-win for a guy like me.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
I agree that a win in game 5 could put too much pressure on Dallas, but it's awfully tough for a team to win 3 in a row in a series this deep in the playoffs, though it has been done before.

No matter which team wins, there will be a former Ute with a ring at the end. It's a win-win for a guy like me.

Maybe they could give Van Horn a special ring with diamonds in the shape of a brick hooked onto the top...
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:35 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch, lol. I notice that the Mavs got to this point with Van Horn replacing Shawn Bradley.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #5
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

The Heat played with great intensity tonight. And the Mavs looked terrible tonight. A tale of two teams.

What Pat Riley did defensively was not all that complicated; play a matchup zone and make Dallas beat you from the outside. I am sure that the scheme worked far beyond his wildest dreams as the Mavs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn even with the countless looks that they were given. The Mavs were 31.6% from the field. It was nothing short of ridiculous. Couple this with getting outrebounded by 12 and its not hard to see a 20+ point loss.

The mavs choke away game 3 and now look at their position(2-2 as opposed to 3-1 or 4-0 if the heat folded tonight). I wouldn't be surprised to see the heat win this thing, maybe even in 6 games.

I hope that the mavs come out with more energy and mojo than they did tonight. They just weren't mentally prepared to play the game.

I would try to explain this more in depth on cb but the place has so many Suns, I mean Heat fans that the comments are likely to be, 'Stackhouse commited a flagrant on Shaq. Now I want Dallas to lose bad.' And, 'Mark Cuban is such a jerk. I want to see the look the on his face when the Heat win the championship.' Tell me I'm wrong about this.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Another great win for the Heat. Wade has really stepped it up late in games this series. And to think that he'll get better, along with LeBron, is scary. The NBA is in for some good years.

So much for those who say you can't win all 3 at home in the Finals. Just another reason why past stats are no predictor of future results.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:48 AM   #7
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Give the Mavs 25 more free throws and it's a blow out.

I can't wait to read Cuban's blog after this one. I can't wait to hear how much he gets fined.

I heard FIFA just sent Salvatore and Crawford applications.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 AM   #8
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Have the Mavs not use the Hack-a-Shaq strategy and watch the disparity diminish.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:54 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

that game was a complete joke.

I don't think I'll be watching anymore.

The fix is in. I wonder if Josh Howard made his bookie happy.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:56 AM   #10
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

The hack-a-Shaq accounted for 4 FTs more. The Heat had shot 40 FTs to the Mavs 12 before the first hack-a-Shaq. And Wade's 21-25 from the stripe equaled the entire Mavs team.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote