cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #21
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
what think ye Jazz fans? i don't think it's a big deal.. we trade 2 crappy players (hump and whaley, who is also a head case) for a crappy player with potential (maybe).. also cleared a roster spot and got cash

It's a crap for crap trade. Maybe the Jazz Brass will be able to squeeze something out of it, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
what think ye Jazz fans? i don't think it's a big deal.. we trade 2 crappy players (hump and whaley, who is also a head case) for a crappy player with potential (maybe).. also cleared a roster spot and got cash
Potential? What potential? Humphries was the only of the three with any kind of potential, but his was very limited.

This trade is as stupid as Portland taking Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan. I'm sure every team in the league is laughing their guts out that the Jazz were idiotic enough to take Araujo off Toronto's hands.

The only good I can see from this is if the Jazz eat his contract for the upcoming season and cut him and go find anyone else. I'd rather have Shawn Bradley.

I never get irritated about the goings on of professional sports, but this has pushed me over the edge today.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Lingo you think he is undersized but on cougarboard you said he would be able to alter shots....

I think it's a very good trade and I'll tell you why:

a. You get a player who may contribute for a player who would not contribute.

b. You get cash.

c. You free up roster space.

The downsides to the trade are parting with Whaley, and losing a bargaining chip in the form of Hump on draft day.

Either way I'm glad Hump is gone, he was humping a friend of mine and it'll be nice that he won't be around anymore.

Sorry Fus, but you're wrong. Araujo is incompetent. He doesn't even belong in the development league.

This is the most idiotic basketball move the Jazz have ever made.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #24
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Sorry Fus, but you're wrong. Araujo is incompetent. He doesn't even belong in the development league.

This is the most idiotic basketball move the Jazz have ever made.
Even worse than Luther Wright?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:05 AM   #25
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Yes, Luther Wright was a mistake. However, Luther Wright had more skills than Araujo, but he was also nuts. If he would have had the sense to take his medication, he may have at least done something.

I don't dislike Araujo at all. I'm sure he's a good guy, but he got by in college and JC because he was so much physically bigger and stronger than anyone else.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:15 AM   #26
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes, Luther Wright was a mistake. However, Luther Wright had more skills than Araujo, but he was also nuts. If he would have had the sense to take his medication, he may have at least done something.

I don't dislike Araujo at all. I'm sure he's a good guy, but he got by in college and JC because he was so much physically bigger and stronger than anyone else.
You may be right about Araujo's skills (although I think you are exaggerating the negative) but until he is found naked, baying at the moon at a truck stop outside of Tooele, I will choose to think that Luther is the bigger mistake.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

True, I tend to be a bit hard on Araujo when it comes to skills. I can only go by what he's done while in the NBA.

As for Wright, that was a sad, sad situatiuon. The guy is mentally ill and refused to take the medication from which he would have benefitted.

I'll also admit that I'm comparing foresight of Araujo to hindsight of Wright when it comes to how big a mistake the Jazz have made. I need to wait until after Araujo is no longer with the Jazz.

Of course then, I could say "Told you so."

Old 06-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #28
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
True, I tend to be a bit hard on Araujo when it comes to skills. I can only go by what he's done while in the NBA.
You hate Rafa because you are a Ute, that's why you think the trade sucks, but those that think the trade suck aren't looking at the whole picture.

I told you why it's a good trade, the jazz got money, a roster spot and traded a dude that was not going to ever work out here, for a guy who will work hard, will do what Sloan says, and has the talent to be a 9-6 guy which is all the Jazz need. If he doens't work out this year who cares? I believe his contract is up at the end of the season and the Jazz are out nothing. Hump wasn't going to be a player here, he is a tweener, he doesn't shoot well enough, and he plays bad defense. At least with Rafa you will have a guy who will eat glass if you ask him.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #29
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
So here's El Jefe's explanation as to how you could be reading my posts:

So if I'm understanding this right, you're going through a lot of work to be able to read and reply to my posts.

Who's the obsessed one here?

*Sits and waits for people to reply, "You are, dumb head!"
So not only did you boardmail one person, you boardmailed the person who owns the site? Too funny dude, too funny.

You think I have enough time to log on, search, for your messages, etc?

Let me put it this way, I did not spend any more time than usual on Cougarboard yesterday and did no special ninja tricks to read your posts.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #30
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
You hate Rafa because you are a Ute, that's why you think the trade sucks, but those that think the trade suck aren't looking at the whole picture.

I told you why it's a good trade, the jazz got money, a roster spot and traded a dude that was not going to ever work out here, for a guy who will work hard, will do what Sloan says, and has the talent to be a 9-6 guy which is all the Jazz need. If he doens't work out this year who cares? I believe his contract is up at the end of the season and the Jazz are out nothing. Hump wasn't going to be a player here, he is a tweener, he doesn't shoot well enough, and he plays bad defense. At least with Rafa you will have a guy who will eat glass if you ask him.

Rafa is a good pick up because he is a local kid that can do no wrong in the eyes of the fans.