cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Discovery Cycling Jersey

Why do I see this in every bike shop I go into? Is this the jersey Lance Armstrong wears or something? It's a pretty cool jersey, but I don't want to buy it if people will think I want to be Lance... Will people think I'm a dork? I really want to get a cool jersey, but pearl izumi only has cookie monster and some beast one... right now, I just have a white jersey with black and gray on the sleeve which I'm fine with, but I thought it would be fun to have a different one while I'm waiting for my Y jersey...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.

Last edited by bYuPride; 04-13-2007 at 02:34 AM.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
Why do I see this in every bike shop I go into? Is this the jersey Lance Armstrong wears or something? It's a pretty cool jersey, but I don't want to buy it if people will think I want to be Lance... Will people think I'm a dork? I really want to get a cool jersey, but pearl izumi only has cookie monster and some beast one... right now, I just have a white jersey with black and gray on the sleeve which I'm fine with, but I thought it would be fun to have a different one while I'm waiting for my Y jersey...
Check out Nashbar.com they have a nice BYU jersey.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 AM   #3
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Check out Nashbar.com they have a nice BYU jersey.
I don't like the logo they have... bluegoose is helping my get a cool blue and white jersey with the Y logo on the back...
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
SteelBlue

Quote:
I don't like the logo they have... bluegoose is helping my get a cool blue and white jersey with the Y logo on the back...
That is a nice one! The goose, a long time friend, has hooked me up with a couple of nice BYU jerseys. That one you are getting is my favorite jersey that I own.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:01 AM   #5
bYuPride

Quote:
That is a nice one! The goose, a long time friend, has hooked me up with a couple of nice BYU jerseys. That one you are getting is my favorite jersey that I own.
Awesome! I'm excited to get it! I'm hoping to get it Saturday, but the correspondence has been slow from some of the people...

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
What about the Discovery Jersey? Will people think I'm an idiot for getting it?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes it's dorky.

It's better to buy one from rides or races you do, or from a local race team. That looks more legitimate than to sap off something like Lance's team.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 AM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Yes it's dorky.

It's better to buy one from rides or races you do, or from a local race team. That looks more legitimate than to sap off something like Lance's team.
That's what I thought... Thank you!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 04-13-2007, 04:17 AM   #9
SteelBlue

Quote:
The really good riders will scoff a bit.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:18 AM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Get rid of the helmet visor as well. Some helmet come with them. Lose that real fast.