cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #21
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Arch - put it this way...can you hang with your wife? If you can ride with your wife, and from your description of how much she rides, you're significantly more swift on the bike than I.

Your wife would kick my butt from the description you have provided of her workouts and time she spends on the bike.

I'm doing good to get 100 miles a week right now...and a significant amount of those miles are coming on the weekends.
My wife is the little engine that can. She's constant but not quick, not to demean her, because she does great for a forty something lady with no natural inclination toward biking.

Yes I can hang with most competitive women cyclists, save some of the Cat 1 riders.

However, I can't hang with Francis, not whenever he cranks it up, so Viking hanging with him makes me think, Oh crap, there's another dude faster than me.

I'm a triathlete who cycles. We move at a steady, slow pace and try to stay within heartrate zones. Nothing special but we keep going.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #22
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Let it be known right now: IF I ride the Ulcer, I'm hanging with Creekster...at least for as long as I can. I fit more closely to his description than anything else I've read on this board!

Creek- do you need a slow, moving wall in front of you? Because of the sheer lard volume moving in front of you it would create a wind vortex so powerful that it would even confuse the most inclined NASA/aeronautical engineer - would that be of interest to you?
We can lard it up together. Arch won't ride with us unless he is carrying the sandbags he keeps using around herre.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
We can lard it up together. Arch won't ride with us unless he is carrying the sandbags he keeps using around herre.
Sounds like Arch, Viking and his ringers may be riding on their own... Q will be blazing his own trail because nobody will be able to hang with him... so is it me, the Borg, creekster, Archaea's woman, .... who else in the 2nd group?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #24
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

i invited ghetto magic to ride with you guys, i hope you dont mind. I figured he could make a few calls before you know it the presidents motorcade will be right along side of you.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #25
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
i invited ghetto magic to ride with you guys, i hope you dont mind. I figured he could make a few calls before you know it the presidents motorcade will be right along side of you.
I road with ghetto when I was first starting up. He's a good mountain biker or so it seemed, but I was a rank novice instead of just a novice. He has some power.

Did you really invite him, as he might enjoy the ride?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:47 AM   #26
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
However, I can't hang with Francis, not whenever he cranks it up, so Viking hanging with him makes me think, Oh crap, there's another dude faster than me.
Trust me I can't hang with him either. Him and his buddy had already gone for a ride that day before they joined us on our group ride and he still put us to shame.

As far as ULCER the only reason I feel like I can help is that the ride is flatter then that girl I had a crush on in second grade. Arch paint a pretty picture on your butt because I'm afraid I'm going to be looking at it all day.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote