cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick thoughts from UNI

1.) I was impressed with Michael Reed. He looks better, IMO. I also think that he benefited from Austin being out most of summer camp.

2.) I think once Hall and Collie find their timing the offense is going to be special. In the first half the only thing that kept Hall appearing human was poor communication or timing between Hall and Collie.

3.) I agree with those who don't think this BYU defense is as good as last year. But I think they will improve as the new players get reps. I think Coleby Clawson is going to be a good player. I didn't get a chance to evaluate how well he does in pass defense as him being a DL in JC that could be his achilles heel.

4.) The issues on defense are folks not yet understanding where they need to be. It will be interesting to see how that improves over the course of the year. For the most part UNI's yardage came on either busted assignments or broken plays.

5.) I really believe UNI is about as good as most of the mid tier MWC teams.

6.) I love the UNI qb and hope he has a great year. I love tough qbs like that.

7.) I hope Fui replaces Manase Tonga, or else that will be BYU's achilles heel.

8.) I also hope that Oneil is getting adequate reps. He is a rare BYU type of recruit. Perhaps the rarest. I know his mother wanted him to go to Provo because of its atmosphere, the last rare BYU recruit who chose it due to atmosphere was Ronney Jenkins.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

BYU's defensive line this year is better than last year's.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
5.) I really believe UNI is about as good as most of the mid tier MWC teams.
I totally agree. I said precisely this before we played them. They are as good as a mid tier MWC team. I guess that is a pretty big compliment for a one double eh...er championship subdivision, but it still means that they are not very good.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote