cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs MSU

my thoughts on the game.

1. MSU guards were a lot better than ours and completely outplayed us. They were quicker and shot the ball a lot better.

2. Trent Plaisted played great 23 points, and he hit some shots that i have not seen him hit since he has been at BYU a couple 15 foot baseline jumpers and i saw him go right quite a few times. If he can bring that game every night he will be a force.

3. We will not play a better defensive team all year than Mich St. They imo were better defensively than UCLA. Every shot we took was contested and they rebounded extremely well.

4. Keena Young looked to be in another place, his head didnt seem right, 2 quick fouls will do that to you. When he has to play more athletic big men he does struggle a little.

5. Tavernari has never met a shot he doesnt like, he is a gunner, which is good if he is on, but cost us a little tonight.

6. Finally, this team will do just fine the MWC, the Mountain West will be tough this year i think top 5 in teh country, but BYU will do alright. I think they finish 3rd and for the first time in a while the MWC gets 3 teams in the tourney.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I doubt we get 3. This team is NIT tournament bound. We're not going to have any marquee victories this season to help us into the tournament in March. I don't see us beating AF or SDSU right now.

I thought UCLA was a better defensive team. We just were shooting the lights out that game.

Our interior defense sucks. How many and 1's were there tonight? Ridiculous. Can't stop penetration. We need a PG. Ainge drives me nuts when he picks up his dribble. I don't care for Broadus' game at all. Our Brazillians are black holes.

I expected more out of this senior laden, experienced team. There's a lot left to play but thus far I think the season has been disappointing.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
my thoughts on the game.

1. MSU guards were a lot better than ours and completely outplayed us. They were quicker and shot the ball a lot better.

2. Trent Plaisted played great 23 points, and he hit some shots that i have not seen him hit since he has been at BYU a couple 15 foot baseline jumpers and i saw him go right quite a few times. If he can bring that game every night he will be a force.

3. We will not play a better defensive team all year than Mich St. They imo were better defensively than UCLA. Every shot we took was contested and they rebounded extremely well.

4. Keena Young looked to be in another place, his head didnt seem right, 2 quick fouls will do that to you. When he has to play more athletic big men he does struggle a little.

5. Tavernari has never met a shot he doesnt like, he is a gunner, which is good if he is on, but cost us a little tonight.

6. Finally, this team will do just fine the MWC, the Mountain West will be tough this year i think top 5 in teh country, but BYU will do alright. I think they finish 3rd and for the first time in a while the MWC gets 3 teams in the tourney.
Mormon Red Death and I were at the game ... I'll post my thoughts on the team later.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote