cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Saw Jimmer play

The team put on a little informal scrimmage for the BYU BB camp kids yesterday. Trent, JT, Lee, Keena, along with new guys Jimmer and I believe the other two new guys Archie Rose and Mike Loyd. There were several smaller black guys I didn't recognize but two of them were wearing BYU gear. If they were who I thought they were Archie was kind of quiet during the game and Mike is a cat quick point guard who looks very promising if he can shoot. Does Mike Loyd have dreads?

Jimmer's shot is sweet and he has a good body. Strong and physical and good size for guard. He's as slow as he looked on video, though. There's no way he's our point guard next year and likely never will be. He definitely has game, though, just not at the point.

The team leaders will be Lee and JT.

I liked seeing Coach Rice getting pissed on a few plays where players were loafing it or displaying bad fundamentals.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

So would you agree with my "scouting report" on Jimmer?

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8591
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
So would you agree with my "scouting report" on Jimmer?

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8591
Generally. I didn't get to see him play very long and you don't see a lot in scrimmage with people goofing around a little. He's probably more athletic than you seem to give him credit for in this critique--he just lacks the lateral quickness. You watch him play just a little, though, and you know he's got game.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote