cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #41
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
wow. Your church is way ahead of mine. We brag about the ones we "convert." Print it in the church bulletins and everything.
Are yours always called "Name Witheld?"

It seems all those folks once afflicted with the gay that turn from their wicked ways are named "Name Witheld."
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #42
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

It seems all those folks once afflicted with the gay that turn from their wicked ways are named "Name Witheld."
oh, heck no. They get up on stage and everything. Everybody applauds. I'm not sure whether they're applauding for the guy for overcoming his struggle or for themselves for attending a church that has saved this poor soul from his affliction.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #43
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
oh, heck no. They get up on stage and everything. Everybody applauds.
and yes, we have a stage.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #44
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

They don't want all those angry Mormons showing up with "Go Back to San Francisco," "Vile Gays," and "Gay Scum" signs, picketing in front of their homes.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #45
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Nice dodge.

Tex gets worked over on this argument in another thread only to come to this one claiming "2nd grade logic at its finest". I don't deny it's 2nd grade logic. Yup, my 2nd grade son would understand this point and move on.
Tex does a good job defending himself, so mine is just an observation, he did not get worked over by anyone with an opposing view. We are just not going to agree on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Like all of us, Tex sometimes steps in a pile of shit with his opinions. Unlike the rest of us he refuses to recognize the smell and get the shit off of his shoes. He keeps trying to dance around the fact his shoes stink.
I believe being gay is a choice, I have no fecal matter on my shoes, and yes my IQ is greater than 50.
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #46
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
They don't want all those angry Mormons showing up with "Go Back to San Francisco," "Vile Gays," and "Gay Scum" signs, picketing in front of their homes.
Luckily for those folks Mormons are haters. They should be ok.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #47
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Why would you want your sins to be known by others?
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #48
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
Why would you want your sins to be known by others?
Some sins are right sexy? I don't personally include a good bumjugg in that elite group, but I am a hater.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #49
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
So how does that square with the Proclamation on the Family? It's a man made proclamation? Or God doesn't care how he made them, he's going to forbid them from marrying?
I am not going to reread the proclamation nor do I have it memorized. Does it sasomewhere in the proclamation that being gay is a choice and they aren't born that way?

Plus, if you think everytime God says something, it is exactly what he means, you obviously haven't read where God told Isacc to sacrifice his son but he really didn't mean it.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #50
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
Tex does a good job defending himself, so mine is just an observation, he did not get worked over by anyone with an opposing view. We are just not going to agree on this issue.

I believe being gay is a choice, I have no fecal matter on my shoes, and yes my IQ is greater than 50.

It is tough to have open and real conversations between groups when one group or the other is bound up in ignorant assumptions.

Like a Priest they can choose to abstain, but they can't choose to be attracted to a feemale over a male.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote