cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #71
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Default yeah me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Triplet, have you or do you race? Or have a friend who does?
I race pretty fast...
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #72
venomous viper

Default apples and oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't like the feel of the Vette or Viper. They both feel too heavy.

The 08 Turbo Porsche is expensive and that's its only drawback, but not expensive compared to the exotics, which in my opinion don't drive as well.

It has a scrolling turbo which provides power at both ends, great traction and the best brakes in the business. It is the best overall buy in the sports car line. It has a ten second turbo booster of ten percent power increase from the mid fours to the low fives. Something like 3.7 in the sixty.

It's not a muscle car but a fine piece of machinery. It's the finely tuned woman, with a perfect body that knows how to use it as compared to the hussy with big augmentation and lots of experience.
The Z-06 I considered was 3300 pounds and the Viper was 3900. Of course, vette had 505 hp and my Venom had 650.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #73
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Triplet, have you or do you race? Or have a friend who does?
I have been challenged at an intersection on occasion. Win a few lose a few. That isn't my thing. Mostly I have noticed that weekend warrior racers fall into two categories here in OC:

1. Middle age lexus driver who wants to feel better about his purchase
2. Asian teen with nitro in the back of his souped up Civic. If I see a beat up Honda car rev at me at a red light, I dont even bother. I already know they have cans. Plus, you can usually see the NOS gauge on the dash.

Why do you ask?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #74
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I have been challenged at an intersection on occasion. Win a few lose a few. That isn't my thing. Mostly I have noticed that weekend warrior racers fall into two categories here in OC:

1. Middle age lexus driver who wants to feel better about his purchase
2. Asian teen with nitro in the back of his souped up Civic. If I see a beat up Honda car rev at me at a red light, I dont even bother. I already know they have cans. Plus, you can usually see the NOS gauge on the dash.

Why do you ask?
I'm not talking about intersections. I am talking about at the track, i.e. timed course-racing.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #75
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
I'm not talking about intersections. I am talking about at the track, i.e. timed course-racing.
Oh, sorry. My bad.

No, never.

The only time I have actually ever been on a track was to do that Las Vegas Speedway thing for the day with my FIL. But that is more a tourist activity than a legitimate "race" experience.

We also did this program where you can pay X amount and drive 5 exotics for half a day. I got to drive a Lambo G, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche GT, and Viper. It was fun learning to use the E gear on the Lambo and feeling all those cars at relatively high speeds. Once again, not a racing activity, but a good sampling of the differences between those vehicles.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #76
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I don't think there is a very big entrance barrier to doing this. I have a friend of a friend who does this. He was an RX-7 or RX-8. I think it's an RX-7. He has told me which cars tend to do well, that you wouldn't think. For example the sport Mini Cooper.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #77
venomous viper

Smile track thoughts

Mike- Is there a track in TX where you can run your car? In AZ at Firebird raceway, they had a Run What You Brung. They wanted me to get full fire retardment clothing and I didn't have time before they shut it down. THEN, I was supposed to Race A Cop on a trak in Eureka, Cal and broke the cam shaft. Now it is ready to go, and I'm coming to Texas for 5 months. Line me up a track and you can be my pitboss!! Lets do lunch again and I'll see how you've done on your real estate progress since we chatted!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #78
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't think there is a very big entrance barrier to doing this. I have a friend of a friend who does this. He was an RX-7 or RX-8. I think it's an RX-7. He has told me which cars tend to do well, that you wouldn't think. For example the sport Mini Cooper.
So as I said earlier a few friends of mine are in Vegas this weekend for a car show and my friends dad has his Audi down there and they are going to feature it in motor trend magazine. Well he just found out that he is one of 3 finalists for his car to be featured in the new Gran Turismo game. They find out the winner tonight.

Also my buddy the son of the Audi owner, has a Volkswagen Golf that he has put over 110k in to. This thing is sickening fast.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #79
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
Mike- Is there a track in TX where you can run your car? In AZ at Firebird raceway, they had a Run What You Brung. They wanted me to get full fire retardment clothing and I didn't have time before they shut it down. THEN, I was supposed to Race A Cop on a trak in Eureka, Cal and broke the cam shaft. Now it is ready to go, and I'm coming to Texas for 5 months. Line me up a track and you can be my pitboss!! Lets do lunch again and I'll see how you've done on your real estate progress since we chatted!!!
Bring it out to Utah, at Rocky Mountain raceway they have races every friday and saturday night. This one mexican guy had a mini-van with NOS and it was turboed he ran in 11.7. Pretty fast for a Mini-van.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #80
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
Yeah, there is a track. My friend goes. I can talk to him about more details.