cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #61
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
it should stop automaticcally!!! I had older ones, 77, 78 & 79 930 turbos. Very fast for old days, lousy wheel base, and loose on the road at high speeds. Not a real muscle car, more a sports car, and there is a difference imho. Don't know about the new ones, but in road tests, both Viper and Vette have shown well. I don't own a vette, but I think the Z-06 is best value out there.
I don't like the feel of the Vette or Viper. They both feel too heavy.

The 08 Turbo Porsche is expensive and that's its only drawback, but not expensive compared to the exotics, which in my opinion don't drive as well.

It has a scrolling turbo which provides power at both ends, great traction and the best brakes in the business. It is the best overall buy in the sports car line. It has a ten second turbo booster of ten percent power increase from the mid fours to the low fives. Something like 3.7 in the sixty.

It's not a muscle car but a fine piece of machinery. It's the finely tuned woman, with a perfect body that knows how to use it as compared to the hussy with big augmentation and lots of experience.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #62
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
it should stop automaticcally!!! I had older ones, 77, 78 & 79 930 turbos. Very fast for old days, lousy wheel base, and loose on the road at high speeds. Not a real muscle car, more a sports car, and there is a difference imho. Don't know about the new ones, but in road tests, both Viper and Vette have shown well. I don't own a vette, but I think the Z-06 is best value out there.
VV, this is what I was saying earlier. A Corvette is an american muscle car, not a sports car.

And, yes, it is a bang-for-your-buck car, at that. If you want the best dollat to HP ratio, then buy a Corvette, hands down. Enjoy your Chevrolet.

Let's be honest, when you are spending 50-130K on a car, part of that purchase is image and brand. A corvette does not have the same cache as a Porsche. not by a mile.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #63
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
VV, this is what I was saying earlier. A Corvette is an american muscle car, not a sports car.
do some research.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #64
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
do some research.
You keep saying this. Not sure what you mean.

Enlighten.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #65
TripletDaddy

I actually looked and see your point.

I retract my previous statement.

The Corvette is a sports car. For poor people.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #66
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I actually looked and see your point.

I retract my previous statement.

The Corvette is a sports car. For poor people.
The corvette is arguably the best SPORTS car for its price. (notice that I didn't say MUSCLE car)

Now if you and Archaea want to tell us how they don't compare to cars that are six-figures, I know some sixth graders who would like to listen.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #67
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Smile trip-

The corvette Z-06 is not cheap!! A lot less than Viper or Porsche, but not cheap. I just didn't want a girlie car.....
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #68
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The corvette is arguably the best SPORTS car for its price. (notice that I didn't say MUSCLE car)

Now if you and Archaea want to tell us how they don't compare to cars that are six-figures, I know some sixth graders who would like to listen.
I already said the Vette is the best bang for your buck car out there. Best dollar to HP ratio. If calling it a sports car is your thing, then ok, lets call it a sports car. (I forgot, NASCAR is kind of a sport)

If it is what you can afford, go for it. It is awesome at the drive-in, going out for fast food, cruising down the main road of a backwoods town, showing off to Camero owners, etc...

I also said you can get a Porsche for WAY under 6 figures. There isnt anything magical about a brand new Porsche.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #69
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Triplet, have you or do you race? Or have a friend who does?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #70
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Smile dang triplet----this is scary!!!!

Your points were exactly what I would've replied if I typed faster...Oh, for the fastest car for the buck, check 1gracing.com. The Noble 400 is what I wanted, but wife compromised!! 425 hp and 2300 pounds. Mini countach and 0-60 in 3.2 and can be tweaked to 2.9 for 60. I drove it, and heart was fluttering on back roads of Ohio.
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote