cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #51
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
My argument is only absurd to you or anyone like you, yet there are countless millions of non-Americans who readily espouse that very idea. Of course we both know their opinion doesn’t really matter, after all they are not American.

It's not so absurd when you are able to step back at look at the situation objectively ... but you are unable to do that, you are secure in your self-righteous indignation.

What a fabulously consistent liberal response; “I am doing what I can!!” Of course doing what you can is not the same as what you should ... something more than just complain about it.
Still waiting to hear what I SHOULD be doing. Please provide me with TooBlue's guide to avoid being held accountable for the President's actions.

Self-righteous indignation? How many times have I been condemned to hell in this thread alone? Would it be self-righteous to assert that only opinions of Americans matter?

Quote:
Of course we both know their opinion doesn’t really matter, after all they are not American.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:07 AM   #52
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
Would it be self-righteous to assert that only opinions of Americans matter?
In matters concerning America, it would not be self-righteous to assert that only opinions of Americans matter.

I'm more of an isolationist than most people, so my opinon is biased. I don't need the approval of anyone outside the US boundries in order to feel good about myself. To be honest, the only people I need to impress on this planet are my wife and kids, and my wife long ago ceased to be impressed with me.

I believe the problem that folks like myself see is that the world wants to hold us to a higher standard than any other country, yet do and say nothing when we are the victims. How many dollars were sent our way after Sept. 11, 2001? Or Hurricane Katrina - or any other national disaster for that matter? Yet when something occurs elsewhere,the world screams foul if the US doesn't step up and bail them out financially.

Terrorists deserve nothing. They are the enemy and even though the left may care about them being treated with some sort of humanity, if they had a chance to kill liberals, they would happily do so. They're not impressed that you or others who think like you want them to be treated fairy, because as far as they're concerned, you are still an infedel.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:56 AM   #53
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
In matters concerning America, it would not be self-righteous to assert that only opinions of Americans matter.

I'm more of an isolationist than most people, so my opinon is biased. I don't need the approval of anyone outside the US boundries in order to feel good about myself. To be honest, the only people I need to impress on this planet are my wife and kids, and my wife long ago ceased to be impressed with me.

I believe the problem that folks like myself see is that the world wants to hold us to a higher standard than any other country, yet do and say nothing when we are the victims. How many dollars were sent our way after Sept. 11, 2001? Or Hurricane Katrina - or any other national disaster for that matter? Yet when something occurs elsewhere,the world screams foul if the US doesn't step up and bail them out financially.

Terrorists deserve nothing. They are the enemy and even though the left may care about them being treated with some sort of humanity, if they had a chance to kill liberals, they would happily do so. They're not impressed that you or others who think like you want them to be treated fairy, because as far as they're concerned, you are still an infedel.
To me, though, that is irrelevant. I am not espousing a system of reciprocity. If I was, torture would be fine. I am espousing a system that holds itself to a higher standard (and as a result, creates an expectation of a higher standard among other nations). I promote that higher standard solely because I think it is the right thing to do and because we have the power to do it.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:36 AM   #54
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
One of your funnier posts. In a post dealing with pride, you make multiple judgments about my character (indicating yours is superior).

Quite entertaining. Then again, you have already indicated I am going to hell.
I should bow to your knowledge on this matter.
Never indicated you're going to hell. You are damn liar for putting words into my mouth. You prevaricate constantly.

Just that you lack any sense of humility.

I anticipated you would respond with arrogant derision. Case closed. Anytime, a true fault is identified, you respond with derision, "hilarious", "you make me laugh", "ridiculous" as if you're above the fray that you incited. Never addressing any issue, never answering any question, appearing to have all the answers in your ivory tower.

You will lose your faith because you believe you are superior than all others, and that you are brighter, more intelligent than the prophet than God himself. Humility is something all who seek ambition fight for. I as much admitted my failing, you have admitted none. Thus a lack of humility is proven. You refuse to consider the ideas of any others and thus may someday face a problem but will listen to nobody.

Yes, after reading hundreds of posts, it is clear you are without humility. Never has one so haughty ever graced my path, especially at a young age. You know everything in your mind, you are a legend in your own mind. I have never ever met somebody so arrogant and so full of himself. That is to be certain. Sad, because I sense intelligence in you, but no good will. Malice but ability. A dangerous combination. [I can already read your standard retort].

We should bow down to one so omniscient, but we the dirty plebians refuse to do so.

And yes I am quite well acquainted with hades and will not be surprised when I rest there. Will you, if that were to become your domain?

I use internet for exploration of ideas and emotion, but you do not vary, consistently touting the liberal left, deriding Christ, the Right and Libertarianism, and whenever confronted, "you make me laugh."

Come back when you have new material.

Last edited by Archaea; 07-02-2006 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #55
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoya is getting buried. I bet he finds it hilarious.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #56
Archaea

He's better than us, so we're viewed as vermin.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #57
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Never indicated you're going to hell. You are damn liar for putting words into my mouth. You prevaricate constantly.

Just that you lack any sense of humility.

I anticipated you would respond with arrogant derision. Case closed. Anytime, a true fault is identified, you respond with derision, "hilarious", "you make me laugh", "ridiculous" as if you're above the fray that you incited. Never addressing any issue, never answering any question, appearing to have all the answers in your ivory tower.

You will lose your faith because you believe you are superior than all others, and that you are brighter, more intelligent than the prophet than God himself. Humility is something all who seek ambition fight for. I as much admitted my failing, you have admitted none. Thus a lack of humility is proven. You refuse to consider the ideas of any others and thus may someday face a problem but will listen to nobody.

Yes, after reading hundreds of posts, it is clear you are without humility. Never has one so haughty ever graced my path, especially at a young age. You know everything in your mind, you are a legend in your own mind. I have never ever met somebody so arrogant and so full of himself. That is to be certain. Sad, because I sense intelligence in you, but no good will. Malice but ability. A dangerous combination. [I can already read your standard retort].

We should bow down to one so omniscient, but we the dirty plebians refuse to do so.

And yes I am quite well acquainted with hades and will not be surprised when I rest there. Will you, if that were to become your domain?

I use internet for exploration of ideas and emotion, but you do not vary, consistently touting the liberal left, deriding Christ, the Right and Libertarianism, and whenever confronted, "you make me laugh."

Come back when you have new material.

What can I say? You make me laugh.

How can you expect anything but derision when you post something like that? You berate me for not focusing on the issues; please refer me to a post where I neglect to address an issue and then please point to an area in your post where you do speak to an issue. I feel you abandoned arguing on the issues a long time ago. Now your posts are simply ad hominem attacks.

I think you have let your emotions get the better of you. Calm down and let's see if we can't have a more civil discussion in the future.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 07-02-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #58
Archaea

Your issues are simply these.

Berate Bush, berate any conservative idea and then laugh derisively and arrogantly at anybody disagreeing. That is usually the sole focus of your posts: to berate the Right and Libertarians.

You do not discuss the intracies of football, cycling, music, or literature.

You do not vary from position, not carefully or introspectively address any position by yours, no variation.

In Seattle, we have a semi-Libertarian, quasi-Patrician, student of roman history and battles, coupled with the iconic overlay of Mormon royalty and apostasy. It is a fascinating personality study.

You end many debates, with, "hilariously" "you make me laugh". And you purposefully draw conclusions which you know are absurd and untrue.

The Left laughs. Abby Hoffman did it to render debate useless and to antagonize.

Show us variety please, a vareity of interests.

Sports, hiking, music.

Seattle has music, literature, an interesting world view.

Mike has a variety of interests.

You are obviously quite intelligent, but little diversified.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #59
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Your issues are simply these.

Berate Bush, berate any conservative idea and then laugh derisively and arrogantly at anybody disagreeing. That is usually the sole focus of your posts: to berate the Right and Libertarians.

You do not discuss the intracies of football, cycling, music, or literature.

You do not vary from position, not carefully or introspectively address any position by yours, no variation.

In Seattle, we have a semi-Libertarian, quasi-Patrician, student of roman history and battles, coupled with the iconic overlay of Mormon royalty and apostasy. It is a fascinating personality study.

You end many debates, with, "hilariously" "you make me laugh". And you purposefully draw conclusions which you know are absurd and untrue.

The Left laughs. Abby Hoffman did it to render debate useless and to antagonize.

Show us variety please, a vareity of interests.

Sports, hiking, music.

Seattle has music, literature, an interesting world view.

Mike has a variety of interests.

You are obviously quite intelligent, but little diversified.

So the reason for your anger is that I am not "diversified?" In other words, you wouldn't mind if I posted the same things if I also expressed an interest in cycling?

Very strange.
Closed Thread