cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #51
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Yes ,this holy return to holy place by holy people Must be done through mass murder ,i agree!
I'll agree that it's kind of sad that it has been the fate of the uncircumsized throughout history to be continually beat down by God's chosen people (tic!). It has gone the other way a few times.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 AM   #52
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The fought bravely with the help of Britain and us but they fought hard. However, I can't consider the establishment of the Israeli a noble accomplishment. Once done, we need not abandon them, but I don't find the invasion and the Zionist movement our finest hour. We'd be better off had it not occurred. Imagine, peaceful access to oil, not need to send billions to aid Israel, and perhaps no terrorists there or abroad. Now, they would fight amongst themselves due to despotic governments and oppression of their own. But we'd be out of it.
What I'm saying is we will never know how it would have turned out had we stayed removed from the process. But, the Jews seemed pretty hell-bent on making it happen themselves anyways, who is to say they would not have succeeded?
Old 12-01-2007, 04:02 AM   #53
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a list of important dates, starting with the first aliyah in 1882. In a way, the repatriation of Jews in 1882 was an invasion.

http://www.adl.org/ISRAEL/Record/milestones.asp

The partitioning of Palestine in 1948 or 47 created a situation that never had to be.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:02 AM   #54
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
What are we talking about here? Jews were already gathered - peacefully right? Were there genocides and mass killings of Palestians and Jews prior to 1948? Honest question.

They declare independence and a Jewish state, and they get bum rushed. They kick ass. And they're the bad guys?
any idea whether they determine the holy land's borders? because they would be touring around Iran by now ,if there was no resistance by palestinians and lebanese.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #55
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
any idea whether they determine the holy land's borders? because they would be touring around Iran by now ,if there was no resistance by palestinians and lebanese.
Doubtful. God says we need to stay out of Babylon.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #56
Archaea

Quote:
What I'm saying is we will never know how it would have turned out had we stayed removed from the process. But, the Jews seemed pretty hell-bent on making it happen themselves anyways, who is to say they would not have succeeded?
if they were determined, i don't see why we had to help. It was a bad idea to intervene. Perhaps the jews would have been less militant if we had not helped.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 AM   #57
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yup..this seems working...see our brave muslims warriors!!! they are pretty hell-bent on making it happen too.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:06 AM   #58
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Here's a list of important dates, starting with the first aliyah in 1882. In a way, the repatriation of Jews in 1882 was an invasion.

http://www.adl.org/ISRAEL/Record/milestones.asp

The partitioning of Palestine in 1948 or 47 created a situation that never had to be.
Just like the white man invaded America I suppose. Actually, probably less violent. I wish I was never born, I'm moving back to Ireland where I belong cause that's where my great grandfather was born.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:08 AM   #59
Archaea

Quote:
Just like the white man invaded America I suppose. Actually, probably less violent. I wish I was never born, I'm moving back to Ireland where I belong cause that's where my great grandfather was born.

Yeah start sending your relatives by thousands, with a standing army to rise up against the existing settlers.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:08 AM   #60
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Doubtful. God says we need to stay out of Babylon.
Then we better get out of Iraq right quick.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote