cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #51
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
If there's one thing about the temple that bothered me, that was it right there. I kept wishing that everyone would just slow things down a bit, because I needed more time to process everything they were saying.
There are times when I spend most of the session pondering something that was said early on. Everything else becomes a wash, but I don't really care because I gain a better understanding of something that was important to me at that particular point in time.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #52
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
BDB, I know how you feel, but trust me on this one....

go to the temple a few times.....then go for a few years........then let me know if you wished the ceremony would slow down a little.

The pace is already extremely slow, which is why you will see people falling asleep sometimes. You will pick up on the basics after even a few visits. And you will be glad that it is not even more slow.

The cool thing about the temple is that you can just go back over and over again and focus on small portions of it. I always seem to notice something new when I go.

For example......next time everyone goes, please note how prominently a COUGAR is featured in one shot during the garden sequence. There is one brief, beautiful shot in which a peaceful, law-abiding, virile cougar is shown lying down without any ire.

Then tell me exactly how many Utes are given screen time? Answer: zero. Take THAT, suckas!
I did actually consider that at the time, and it makes sense. I just wonder how that works for people in poor countries that only get to go to the temple once in their lifetime.

I did not notice the cougar, but I will be watching for it next time around.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #53
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sister Bateman (as in Merrill J.'s wife, I went through in Provo) specifically told me not to toss them on the floor.
What you want is for somebody else to toss them on the floor for you.....until you get older/married long enough and then you just disrobe far enough to get the job done but carefully planned to ensure time is not wasted trying to gather them back up. In your case you might marry a previously married man and you might be forced to skip the throwing around stage altogether.

All things considered quite a boon to the Bateman's that they are still throwing each other's undergarments on the floor at their age...BADDO BOOM BADDA BANG!

On the Temple there were some more descriptive actions affiliated with the covenants that the powers that be discontinued before July 1992. I think that is where the "freak out" comments have their genesis. I think fewer folks are freaked out these days.

When I am in charge there will be a thong option for the ladies so keep your fingers crossed that someday you could go back to your short shorts!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #54
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I did actually consider that at the time, and it makes sense. I just wonder how that works for people in poor countries that only get to go to the temple once in their lifetime.

It is the real cosmo and IIRC, he is displaying his manhood. If there were a Ute he would probably be whining or drafting a letter to the Brethren about Bronco's dasterdly recruiting of the most famous future 3rd string quarterback in modern history.

WE WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY AT WHAT HOUR, MINUTE AND SECOND BRONCO DID THE PINKY SHAKE WITH RILEY NELSON'S FATHER?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #55
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sister Bateman (as in Merrill J.'s wife, I went through in Provo) specifically told me not to toss them on the floor.
I've no doubt she did. I still think it's funny. Where is it kosher for them to touch down when not on the body? Is the bottom of the hamper ok? I sure hope so for my sake. I'm thinking maybe I'll get a nice sterling silver hamper lined with velvet where after a days work I can place them as they await their washing. Perhaps I will hire someone to ensure that on the way to the washer they never touch the floor or mingle with any other things that may have touched the floor.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #56
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I've no doubt she did. I still think it's funny. Where is it kosher for them to touch down when not on the body? Is the bottom of the hamper ok? I sure hope so for my sake. I'm thinking maybe I'll get a nice sterling silver hamper lined with velvet where after a days work I can place them as they await their washing. Perhaps I will hire someone to ensure that on the way to the washer they never touch the floor or mingle with any other things that may have touched the floor.
I think it's just a respect thing and simple personal preference, no need to get all mocking and crazy. I don't put my garments on the floor for the same reason I don't put my scriptures on the floor ... I hold them sacred, and the floor is where people's feet track dirt.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #57
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I think it's just a respect thing and simple personal preference, no need to get all mocking and crazy. I don't put my garments on the floor for the same reason I don't put my scriptures on the floor ... I hold them sacred, and the floor is where people's feet track dirt.
Speaking of dirt tracks...
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #58
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

Poor countries? Actually, muy bien point.

I didnt think about that. There are some who likely only go to the temple once in their lives.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #59
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I put my scriptures on the floor. I don't like holding them on my lap all through church, but i don't want to put them next to me either. Sometimes a bigger brother or sister might choose to sit next to me at church, and I don't want them squashing my scriptures and rumpling the pages.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #60
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
On the Temple there were some more descriptive actions affiliated with the covenants that the powers that be discontinued before July 1992.
I think it was in early 90 or late 89.

I went through in 90 and it was already changed. I was told that it had "just changed."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote