cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #51
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
No need to apologize. I like the more in-your-face Gidget. The world needs more of you.
Nice to hear. You can see more of it in the Religion Section right now.

P.S. Don't let the avatar fool you.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #52
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Interestingly, my oldest son is almost exactly the same. When my boy was about 2.5 or 3 he was knocked down and licked into submission by a very freidnly Great Dane. My son misunderstood the dog's intent and was scared out of his mind by the experience. From that day forward he did not like animals one bit; not at all. Ironically, like Surfah, animlas LOVE him. Wherever he goes dogs, cats, horses, you name it, will go directly to him for attention. It used to scare him but now, as he is older, he tolerates it but he has never cared for it and wishes he could stop it.
I loved dogs when I was little. We visited some friends in the country. They had a dog chained up. I walked up to it to pet it. And it jumped on me and its claws scratched my neck up real good. Hurt bad.

So after that, I loved dogs. And continue to love dogs.

One of my friends, an old man, had it right. For most people, if a black kid treated you bad once, the rest of them are "niggers." Mexicans? "Wetbacks." Whites? "Honkeys, crackers." Etc.

Some people just can't stop generalizing from one bad experience.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #53
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I loved dogs when I was little. We visited some friends in the country. They had a dog chained up. I walked up to it to pet it. And it jumped on me and its claws scratched my neck up real good. Hurt bad.

So after that, I loved dogs. And continue to love dogs.

One of my friends, an old man, had it right. For most people, if a black kid treated you bad once, the rest of them are "niggers." Mexicans? "Wetbacks." Whites? "Honkeys, crackers." Etc.

Some people just can't stop generalizing from one bad experience.

Of course it goes without saying that you are a vastly superior human being. Perhpas we should just have that as a postualte to be accepted when people sign up?

Putting aside whether my son is displaying some sort of character weakness, particualrly when compared to you, I iwll say that IMO animals like him becasue he is a very gentle and calm person. His demenaor is rarely threatening and he exudes a certain security that I think animals like. Either that or he smells real good.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #54
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Of course it goes without saying that you are a vastly superior human being. Perhpas we should just have that as a postualte to be accepted when people sign up?

Putting aside whether my son is displaying some sort of character weakness, particualrly when compared to you, I iwll say that IMO animals like him becasue he is a very gentle and calm person. His demenaor is rarely threatening and he exudes a certain security that I think animals like. Either that or he smells real good.
either that or carnivores can always sense a meal.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote