cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 01:44 AM   #31
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
the one who gets the future wrong, or the one that gets the past wrong.
You're not qualified to say anything in the 10,000 posts+ I've made in my life is asinine. Your condescending act makes you look immature and it always bites you in the butt.

We lost a lot of top LDS to Utah and the Pac 10 in the 2006 class. More as a percentage of top LDS than I ever remember. Couple that with the fact that we didn't get any non-LDS. Add to that the fact that the class was full of a lot of filler from guys nobody else recruited. We got some decent guys, and it's not the end of the world that we didn't get a bunch of those other 3/4 star guys.

Who exactly were all the guys getting tons of PT on the 2006 team, anyway? Dulan was certainly a stud and a great find. Nobody else did anything. I'm not bagging on the majority of the class. Only that it could have been a lot better.

This is an extremely minor point in the first place. The entire tone of my post was positive for Bronco. To jump on a minor point which I made very logically and reasonably and call it asinine shows you're just being a jerk.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:46 AM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
You're not qualified to say anything in the 10,000 posts+ I've made in my life is asinine. Your condescending act makes you look immature and it always bites you in the butt.

We lost a lot of top LDS to Utah and the Pac 10 in the 2006 class. More as a percentage of top LDS than I ever remember. Couple that with the fact that we didn't get any non-LDS. Add to that the fact that the class was full of a lot of filler from guys nobody else recruited. We got some decent guys, and it's not the end of the world that we didn't get a bunch of those other 3/4 star guys.

Who exactly were all the guys getting tons of PT on the 2006 team, anyway? Dulan was certainly a stud and a great find. Nobody else did anything. I'm not bagging on the majority of the class. Only that it could have been a lot better.

This is an extremely minor point in the first place. The entire tone of my post was positive for Bronco. To jump on a minor point which I made very logically and reasonably and call it asinine shows you're just being a jerk.
Ian Dulan, Matangi Tonga, Romney Fuga, Ryan Freeman, McKay Jacobsen, Mike Hague.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:00 AM   #33
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Ian Dulan, Matangi Tonga, Romney Fuga, Ryan Freeman, McKay Jacobsen, Mike Hague.
Jacobsen. I missed him.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:24 AM   #34
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default Stop with the filibustering and. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post

start rattling off all the production we lost to Utah or the PAC 10. I await anxiously. And please don't tell me your #1 argument is to query a database for names that have more vowels than consonants. You can do better than that.

The 2005 class was on the strong side as far as recruiting goes at BYU, but I assume you realize that now since you completely ignored it in your most recent post.

In 2006, we lost 3 guys, Havili, Fua, and Latu. Of those 3, we only screwed up on 1 guy, Latu, by getting there second and not promising a degree, like Utah does. The 2 PAC 10 schools I don't mind losing to are USC and Stanford. USC because it is a great football school, and Stanford because it's a great academic school.

Regardless, we had a lot of production in 2006 from Jacobson, Dulan, Tonga, Fuga, and Freeman. That's a really good start to the class. Without looking it up, I'd be willing to bet they played more than any of players on your list. It also doesn't help you argument when you include Branden Hansen as evidence that the class isn't good considering he's probably the best recruit of the class and had PAC 10 offers.

With all that said, it's just plain backward thinking judging a recruiting class based on who you didn't get over who you did get. The good news is, my guess is that even you will be able to rank a recruiting class pretty well the farther past signing day we get.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #35
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
start rattling off all the production we lost to Utah or the PAC 10. I await anxiously. And please don't tell me your #1 argument is to query a database for names that have more vowels than consonants. You can do better than that.

The 2005 class was on the strong side as far as recruiting goes at BYU, but I assume you realize that now since you completely ignored it in your most recent post.

In 2006, we lost 3 guys, Havili, Fua, and Latu. Of those 3, we only screwed up on 1 guy, Latu, by getting there second and not promising a degree, like Utah does. The 2 PAC 10 schools I don't mind losing to are USC and Stanford. USC because it is a great football school, and Stanford because it's a great academic school.

Regardless, we had a lot of production in 2006 from Jacobson, Dulan, Tonga, Fuga, and Freeman. That's a really good start to the class. Without looking it up, I'd be willing to bet they played more than any of players on your list. It also doesn't help you argument when you include Branden Hansen as evidence that the class isn't good considering he's probably the best recruit of the class and had PAC 10 offers.

With all that said, it's just plain backward thinking judging a recruiting class based on who you didn't get over who you did get. The good news is, my guess is that even you will be able to rank a recruiting class pretty well the farther past signing day we get.
Agree...
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote