cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #31
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
The sixties changed all right but not for the better. Okay we got the Civil Rights Amendments which were necessary but that is all. The residue of the sixties was pure unadulterated BS. I lived through the sixties and they weren't that grand. (Well I guess we got Led Zepplin, the Beattles, CCS, and few other groups but who gives a crap about music).

This sixties created my cynicism.
Don't blame it on the sixties. You created your cynicism. Now cheer-the-freak-up. Get out and bike more. Me thinks you need the endorphins.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #32
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
If I ever want to go to the wild side, party hardy, get laid constantly by wild women, maybe I'll visit a few Democratic parties, but as long as I wish to stay professional, middle of the road conservative. I'm creating stereotypes, but like Shaq, because the Dems let you do anything, if I want to hump away, I'll do it out of the limelight of my conscience.

Life can be grand if you earn enough, have enough friends and health. Just stay out of politics.
You mean to say that democrats are the party of wild crazy sex??!! I WISH. I don't even find that kind of action at Burning Man, where things get about as crazy as anyone could ever hope to find. Want to know where to find all of the crazy orgy sex clubs in California? They are off in the sticks... the REPUBLICAN parts of the state (and I am not going to tell you how I know that, except to say that it has nothing to do with participation).

Your characterization of democrats as the free-love hippies of the sixties is totally baseless these days. The sixties were FORTY YEARS AGO. A lot has changed in the last forty years. Democrats are more the party of responsibility than Republicans, IMO.

Now go eat some ketchup. I don't think you are getting enough.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote