cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 AM   #21
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I've come to the point where I officially hate the Palin pick. She's simply out of her league. McCain is still getting my vote, but I resent the hell out of him for making us have to listen to and defend somebody less articulate than GWB. Wouldn't it be nice to one day have a Republican who doesn't stumble over their words and can effectively answer a question? Katie Couric tripped her up. Katie Couric!
I have to tell you the truth.

Everytime she talks I envision Miss South Carolina talking about the Iraqs, such as.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've come to the point where I officially hate the Palin pick. She's simply out of her league. McCain is still getting my vote, but I resent the hell out of him for making us have to listen to and defend somebody less articulate than GWB. Wouldn't it be nice to one day have a Republican who doesn't stumble over their words and can effectively answer a question? Katie Couric tripped her up. Katie Couric!
Well, Couric does have more experience reading a teleprompter, so that was to be expected.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 09-25-2008 at 03:50 AM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #23
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I have to tell you the truth.

Everytime she talks I envision Miss South Carolina talking about the Iraqs, such as.
That is too funny.

YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #24
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Couric is as stupid as Biden.

[QUOTE=il Padrino Ute;269376]
Quote:

Well, Couric does have more experience reading a teleprompter, so that was to be expected.
they both believe the TV was around in 1929 and that Truman was president. Talk about a cluster.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #25
exUte

Default The plan is easy. Tax the top 5% more

Quote:
Would a McCain-Romney ticket be more appealing than the McCain-Palin ticket?

The reality is that neither McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden can credibly inspire economic confidence based on experience or action. We're voting for their advertised plans and their faceless advisers who will craft and implement.

I think this is where Romney would have been appealing. I don't think his private sector experience gives him a huge advantage in practically dealing with the current economic issue, but he would put a credible face on McCain's policy. Somebody who has made and lost big money in the private sector. Instead, we're choosing between one ticket with two lawyers who never really practiced and another with a soldier and a homemaker. Neither ticket seems to inspire much confidence.
and raise the capital gains tax. And of course bail out those who's homes are ready to get foreclosed. Sounds like a winner!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:08 AM   #26
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Increase taxes on the top 5% and raise the capital gains tax. And of course bail out those who's homes are ready to get foreclosed. Sounds like a winner!
Can you at least get your facts right for once? Please? You know, shockingly enough, it actually makes your argument stronger when you're somewhat rooted in reality. On the other hand, perhaps you're taking your cues from your candidate...and I quote, "facts don't matter."
Old 09-25-2008, 05:01 AM   #27
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Mitt's there, which is good. But one of the other studs is John Thain, "the CEO of Merrill Lynch before it was acquired by Bank of America earlier this month for a much-reduced value."

"A survey by The Associated Press found that Thain was the best-paid corporate executive in the U.S. in 2007, receiving approximately $83.1 million in salary and bonuses that year."

Last edited by Ma'ake; 09-25-2008 at 05:21 AM.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #28
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can you at least get your facts right for once? Please? You know, shockingly enough, it actually makes your argument stronger when you're somewhat rooted in reality. On the other hand, perhaps you're taking your cues from your candidate...and I quote, "facts don't matter."
Would you mind providing an in-context citation for that quote?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #29
exUte

Default Which facts

Quote:
oh enlightened one?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
oh enlightened one?
Well, there was really only one specific one you referred to: Obama will raise taxes on the top 5%. May I assume you've familiarized yourself with his proposal? Or should I take the errancy of this statement as evidence that you have not?