cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #21
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
I don't think the Trib is a "liberal rag" If you mean it's not like FOX News or talk radio than you would be right. The Trib endorsed a Republican for the upcoming mayoral race and endorsed Dubya last time around.

That seems fitting, given the nature of the game. How bout his highly unusual voluntary statement about the pages?
I probably overstated for emphasis. I should have said, does the Statesman lean left like the Trib.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #22
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I probably overstated for emphasis. I should have said, does the Statesman lean left like the Trib.
I think it is safe to say that most reporters (even at the Des News) lean that way, but I usually don't buy the cries of agenda that people make about newspapers.

You should read the article.

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #23
BYU71

Quote:
I think it is safe to say that most reporters (even at the Des News) lean that way, but I usually don't buy the cries of agenda that people make about newspapers.

You should read the article.
I did read it. I am confused. I am not sure I could convict the guy based on what I read and have seen on TV. On the other hand he might be guilty of being like Barney Frank, the guy from Florida, Bill Clinton and other politicians.

I think all of them should have resigned and therefor so should Craig, except the part where I am not sure he is guilty. Oh heck what the crap, yea get him out of there the appearance is bad.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
there are others who said they met with craig for trysts. you should read the idaho statesman article. http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepie...ry/143801.html
It may be true that he has had many illicit relationships. But it is certainly true that this kind of publicity tends to bring out some of the craziest of crazies.

I am just not quick to jump on the "crucify Craig" bandwagon for something that could have been totally innocent and for which there is no real proof.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #25
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
It may be true that he has had many illicit relationships. But it is certainly true that this kind of publicity tends to bring out some of the craziest of crazies.

I am just not quick to jump on the "crucify Craig" bandwagon for something that could have been totally innocent and for which there is no real proof.
"these crazies" talked to the paper before he was arrested

-- Ken Loach
Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 PM   #26
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Quote:
I did read it. I am confused. I am not sure I could convict the guy based on what I read and have seen on TV. On the other hand he might be guilty of being like Barney Frank, the guy from Florida, Bill Clinton and other politicians.

I think all of them should have resigned and therefor so should Craig, except the part where I am not sure he is guilty. Oh heck what the crap, yea get him out of there the appearance is bad.
The Bill Clinton and Foley comparisons are more accurate than the Barney Frank.

Frank is gayer than a fruit salad and he's never tried to hide it.

-- Ken Loach
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #27
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
He is a public figure. Why am I to assume that anonymous people speaking to a paper about a public official are telling the truth?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #28
BYU71

Quote:
The Bill Clinton and Foley comparisons are more accurate than the Barney Frank.

Frank is gayer than a fruit salad and he's never tried to hide it.
So why is Craig being run. I guess not because he is gay. I guess because he is gay, republican and tried to hide it. Even if he isn't, the very fact he is being accused of it and the evidence is compelling, he should be run.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 PM   #29
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Quote:
So why is Craig being run. I guess not because he is gay. I guess because he is gay, republican and tried to hide it. Even if he isn't, the very fact he is being accused of it and the evidence is compelling, he should be run.
Bingo

-- Ken Loach
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 PM   #30
BYU71

Quote:
Let's just say there was a witch hunt going on and it wasn't true. Might explain why he wanted to not go to trial on the charges. I haven't heard anyone say he would have been convicted based on the evidence. A chance yes, but most say no. Why then did he plead quilty.

He wanted it to go away and was stupid enough to think someone wouldn't leak it to the press no matter what they told him.