cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 05:45 AM   #21
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Be prepared to be disappointed, the both of you.
This may be the most unintentionally funny thing I have ever read on this site. The really sad thing, though, is the degree to which I agree with the sentiment. My advice to any young guy getting married would be to get in as much sex as possible when young, because the time will come when he'll need the likes of Henry Kissinger to broker a deal for marital sex.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:15 AM   #22
CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse is on a distinguished road

Make sure she is ready... and then make her beg.

You will be happy you did it for the rest of your life.
CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:30 AM   #23
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew I was in trouble when Faith and I got to the room and she put in a CD of 'mood music.' It turned out to be "The Hokey Pokey."
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
This may be the most unintentionally funny thing I have ever read on this site. The really sad thing, though, is the degree to which I agree with the sentiment. My advice to any young guy getting married would be to get in as much sex as possible when young, because the time will come when he'll need the likes of Henry Kissinger to broker a deal for marital sex.
Where can I find Henry nowadays, I seem to have lost his number?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:36 AM   #25
Velouria

Velouria is on a distinguished road
Default Real advice

I don't know who you are, but for the sake of your future wife, I decided to post some real advice. I am of course a woman. I am married. And I enjoy sex. Unfortunately, I know too many women who don't.

1. Know what the clitoris is and where to find it.
2. Now, that you know that, take your time at getting there. Concentrate on other body parts and save the best for last.
3. A vibrator is a good investment. It's fun, a bit naughty and a surefire way to help your wife climax.

Happy consummating!
Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #26
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A couple of things

In my opinion:

The sex talk works best in 3 parts:

1) you with a male figure you respect and will be comfortable asking candid questions.

2) Her with a female figure she respects and will be comfortable asking candid questions.

3) The two of you together with no one else around.

Dads or uncles are usually much better than moms at having this particular talk with sons. My dad pitched it as "the sex talk that all the others have been leading up to." We had it in the car driving up to the temple (four hours away) the day before the sealing. It was just the two of us and it was a great experience. A classic father-son moment.

Aunts, married cousins, or matrons of honor are usually much better than moms at having this particular talk with daughters. My wife is telling me this and I believe her.

The most important talk, though, will be between you and her. Sometime just before the wedding but not when the pressure is cranked up too high (a week or so before) invite her to talk about expectations, hopes, and fears. If she doesn't want to don't push too much. The idea is that you two should be able to talk about sex in an open, healthy way and you can reduce some of the wedding night anxiety for both of you.

On other matters:

Sometimes newly married LDS couples have difficulty going from 20 or so years of "sex is bad" to all of a sudden "sex is good." Try to relax and be forgiving. A little (maybe not too much) light humor works for some.

Being gentle and patient pays off. It shows confidence and care. Besides if you go for it you'll be done faster than that Luke Perry movie (8 seconds) and you're liable to hurt her besides. You might wanna try working through some trigonometry in your head...

Praise her and compliment her when she's doing something that feels just right (or that could with a little fine tuning). She's probably at least as anxious as you are and a boost to her self-esteem will help her feel beautiful and sexy.

Realize that in a sense sex is like skiing. Just because you've watched it on TV for years doesn't mean you're ready to take off down a black diamond on your first run. It's harder than it looks at first, but gets much easier with practice.

Experiment but do so with low expectations. It will take some time to discover what works for you two, but it's worth the ups and downs (pun!). There's nothing moral about prudery in marriage but you shouldn't feel pressured to be all exotic either. Take the time to figure out what you both like (at least initially). It's more fun if you don't get frustrated with each other (or with yourselves).

Most women's easiest orgasm is through the clitoris. There are usually other ways but they're pretty difficult for novices. Remember my skiing metaphor? You'll have a better time if you don't try to skip the bunny hill to go straight for the black diamond.

Have some KY Jelly or spray in your honeymoon bag. Buy it beforehand so you don't have to do some late night scramble to the drug store.

Unless she insists otherwise you should shower and do so first on your first night. It will allow her to make her entrance...

Have clean towels nearby. Sex with your wife isn't dirty but it can be umm...messy.

Try to have a relationship where you can talk about sex with your wife. Don't talk about sex with her with anyone else, but do talk about it with her in private.

Good luck.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 07-05-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:43 AM   #27
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember the sex talk that I had with my parents before I got married. It consisted of, uh, uh, uh....nothing. Never had the talk.

But I did have a marriage sex talk with my fiance and the stake president. It was nice of him but a little awkward. Yes, I know that it is a spiritual experience but 20 minute discussion of it with a guy that I barely knew and a guy that my wife did not know at all was strange. I guess it was strange because we had no idea what he was going to talk to us about.

The best advice that I got though was from a friend that said to just talk about it when you are married. A lot of people are still embarrassed to even discuss it with the wife. Talk, discuss and have fun. The minute you don't talk about it and laugh and have fun is the minute that sex becomes a chore instead of an adventure.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #28
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Take care of her needs first and the honey will flow like wine..........
or in your case, his
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #29
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

this reminds me of that scene in the first American Pie movie where the father was trying to give a little sex education to his son and his son retorted: "Yes, Dad I know what a clitoris is."
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #30
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
My advice is that I hate you.
Quote:
I hate everyone who is involved in this thread.
Quote:
I hate you too on so many levels.
Jeez somebody needs to get laid already....
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote