cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick
Default Priesthood commemoration

What a joke.....

So they change the name from Father/Son campout to Priesthood commemeration so folks like myself (2 daughters, 0 sons) have no excuse not to attend.

I haven't gone on a campout since I was 13 years old. My father pawned me off on our scoutmaster to take me to the F/S campout. (My dad just sat at home on the couch all weekend) Soured me on scouts and I went inactive shortly after that.

Well...present day. I have been in a YM presidency for about 9 years running now. I have skipped this thing every year. I was going to go last year but I had graduation from a JC that night.

Now I am the YM Pres. and the Bishop has let me know that my attendance is mandatory.

I don't work 52 weeks a year to pretend I am homeless for the weekend.

I am not a fan of authority and don't like being (forced) into doing something I don't want to.

We are doing it on a Stake level this year and they have tasked me with planning and cooking the breakfast for Saturday morning. They asked me to plan on 300 people. I have a crew of 10 together to do that, but I am not happy this morning....