cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2008, 03:02 AM   #21
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Right on, take that DDD. DDD I like your posts, I just think you could tone down the Southern Cal stuff a little.
Asking a Southern Cal Alumn to tone down his SC arrogance would be akin to asking Bronco to tone down his spirituality. As hard as they try, it will still shine through. I guess that is what happens when you are on the top.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:15 AM   #22
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
It's pretty simple. I hate people who get everything they want without having to try very hard simply because of who they are.

BYU shows love early and often to blue chip LDS recruits, does everything the right way, the kid gives his commitment. SC shows up 11th hour and pulls em away simply by saying, hey were SC.

It sucks, its bullshit, I hate it and why should we or any other school feel any different about it?
I don't disagree with any of this, but it really has nothing to do with the question, which is, whether is SC viewed as a dirty program.

That SC enjoys the benefits that other "haves" enjoy (Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, etc) is no secret.

To your point, though, the kid committed to FUCLA first. Did you care that BYU took him out of his commitment to that school?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #23
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Right on, take that DDD. DDD I like your posts, I just think you could tone down the Southern Cal stuff a little.
I don't get this.

Please let me know what the quota is per topic/team.

It seems like we have the BYU stuff covered here, so I was just trying to post about something else that may be of interest. I happen to like SC football. If it offends you, apologies.

"We don't want that kind of stuff on this board....go to the other board" Where have I heard that one before? Sounds awfully familiar to me....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 02-08-2008, 03:31 AM   #24
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Asking a Southern Cal Alumn to tone down his SC arrogance would be akin to asking Bronco to tone down his spirituality. As hard as they try, it will still shine through. I guess that is what happens when you are on the top.
Sizzle, I am a BYU alum, actually. But growing up in SoCal, you choose at an early age. Since, my older siblings and niece are Trojan alums, our home has always been cardinal and gold. I was the black sheep of the fam by going to BYU.

Also, SC sucked pretty much for about 20 years...the 80s, the 90s, and the early 2000s. This recent run is awesome, but cant last forever. Gotta run, Jay is watching.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #25
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I don't get this.

It seems like we have the BYU stuff covered here, so I was just trying to post about something else that may be of interest. I happen to like SC football. If it offends you, apologies.

"We don't want that kind of stuff on this board....go to the other board" Where have I heard that one before? Sounds awfully familiar to me....
I don't think you're apology is very sincere.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #26
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't get this.

400 posts on Southern Cal is allowed in a 30 day period. You exceeded your quota.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:13 AM   #27
TripletDaddy

Quote:
400 posts on Southern Cal is allowed in a 30 day period. You exceeded your quota.
Dang it, it is NOT Southern Cal!

Does the unused portion roll over? If not, I will save them up for Sep because that is going to be a big month.

I have changed my avatar to reflect the new "nothing but BYU" policy that is now in effect.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #28
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I don't think you're apology is very sincere.
You're right. Sorry.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:18 AM   #29
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Does the unused portion roll over? If not, I will save them up for Sep because that is going to be a big month.
You'll have a comrade-in-arms this September in YOhio (unlike you, I don't give my nickname a nickname), when USC plays Ohio State.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 AM   #30
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
You'll have a comrade-in-arms this September in YOhio (unlike you, I don't give my nickname a nickname), when USC plays Ohio State.
Ha. Actually, "DDD" goes to YardTime. He called me that and it stuck.