cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #21
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I think you are the biggest Obamapologist I've ever encountered.

All is fair in politics. I could probably find some things about McCain upon which you and I can agree, but you seem to think Obama is flawless.
Obama certainly isn't flawless. But people here on CG continue to try to criticize him on things for which there is no substance. His staff screwed up and Obama said so? Sheesh- why is the man even running for president. He accidentally said there were 57 states? The horror! We should chop off a hand. If Republicans on CG are reflective of the nation as a whole and these are the issues they want to focus on when voting, heaven help us.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Obama certainly isn't flawless. But people here on CG continue to try to criticize him on things for which there is no substance. His staff screwed up and Obama said so? Sheesh- why is the man even running for president. He accidentally said there were 57 states? The horror! We should chop off a hand. If Republicans on CG are reflective of the nation as a whole and these are the issues they want to focus on when voting, heaven help us.
Why do you want yet another mammoth federal bureaucracy to regulate universal health insurance?

You seem to evade that discussion every time.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #23
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The chickens are coming home to roost for Cali Coug.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:32 AM   #24
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why do you want yet another mammoth federal bureaucracy to regulate universal health insurance?

You seem to evade that discussion every time.
A bureaucracy is worth it to ensure that every person in the US gets adequate health care. And I haven't ever avoided the topic. Why do you think everyone shouldn't have health care?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #25
Archaea

Quote:
A bureaucracy is worth it to ensure that every person in the US gets adequate health care. And I haven't ever avoided the topic. Why do you think everyone shouldn't have health care?
Because it's a service and not a God given right. If it were a right, we'd been born with it since the dawn of time. There is nothing delivered by a bureaucracy that one can't live without.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
Cali Coug

Quote:
Because it's a service and not a God given right. If it were a right, we'd been born with it since the dawn of time. There is nothing delivered by a bureaucracy that one can't live without.
We aren't talking about whether health care is a God given right. Are you taking the position that only things that are God given rights should be provided or desirable? And, quite literally, many people can't live without health care.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #27
Archaea

Quote:
We aren't talking about whether health care is a God given right. Are you taking the position that only things that are God given rights should be provided or desirable? And, quite literally, many people can't live without health care.
Government has no duty to provide health care. We should facilitate an economy where it is reasonably available. Are there extremely small segments of society for which society should provide assistance? Yes, but as a general rule no.

And we do not need another bureaucracy, not now, not ever. Most of my day is spent fighting those bastards. Please not another one to complicate health care more. Government f...ing bastards to delay, deny and fuck with you is not what I need, nor does anybody else. It will be a living nightmare.

You have not dealt with the Insurance Commissioner, the CMS, the SSA, the State Medicaid Fraud Units, the Department of Health, the Board of Health, etc. Not another enemy to make health care more expensive. Damn the bastards.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #28
Cali Coug

Quote:
Government has no duty to provide health care. We should facilitate an economy where it is reasonably available. Are there extremely small segments of society for which society should provide assistance? Yes, but as a general rule no.

And we do not need another bureaucracy, not now, not ever. Most of my day is spent fighting those bastards. Please not another one to complicate health care more. Government f...ing bastards to delay, deny and fuck with you is not what I need, nor does anybody else. It will be a living nightmare.

You have not dealt with the Insurance Commissioner, the CMS, the SSA, the State Medicaid Fraud Units, the Department of Health, the Board of Health, etc. Not another enemy to make health care more expensive. Damn the bastards.
I always enjoy your meandering rants. I can just watch your anger boil over as the post progresses together with the corresponding drop in rationality. You have enough restraint to say "f...ing" in the first part of one sentence, but after the comma (I know, they annoy me too), you lose all control and just pull out the big guns. Well played, sir. Well played.

You end it all with some nice conclusory statements based on... nothing. I do enjoy hearing you tell me who I have and have not interacted with in my life. Are you under the impression that you are the only person alive to interact with them? Interesting.

You blithely state that government has no duty to provide health care. Why not? Granted, it would depend on the form of government we are talking about and what responsibilities they have undertaken to provide (or been told to provide, in the case of a republic), but let's just limit the discussion to our government. The government has been mandated, by the people, to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity...." Certainly Congress has the power to establish a national healthcare system, and the people appear to desire that a national healthcare system be instituted. Why don't they have a duty to provide it? It is legal, it is in furtherance of the purpose of the government as established by the people, it is desired by the people.