cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Says who? According to the polls, she has won almost every debate the Dems have had (though I would disagree, the "winner" is purely subjective, so a poll is really the only guage we have). And Tex, you are the consummate Hillary hater. Don't pretend like you don't have a dog in this fight.
Let me put it to you another way: I don't think Hillary has helped herself in the debates I've seen. (Mea culpa: I have not watched every Dem debate.) But if you think she's wonderful, cheers to you.

As for Hillary: typical for you, not paying attention again. If did have a dog (which I don't) it would be Hillary. #1: I think she'd be easier to beat in a general election. #2: She has at least pretended to be an adult on Iraq (as opposed to Obama's childlike withdrawal pipe dream). #3: At least we know what she stands for.

That said, I detest the idea of her back in the White House.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Says who? According to the polls, she has won almost every debate the Dems have had (though I would disagree, the "winner" is purely subjective, so a poll is really the only guage we have). And Tex, you are the consummate Hillary hater. Don't pretend like you don't have a dog in this fight.
She has won the debates in which the mediator was a wuss who dared not ask her questions that would actually show the country what kind of politician she really is. Tim Russert is the only one who called her on all her bullshit and he was made out to be a bad guy.

She is nothing without Bill.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #23
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

From the National Organization for Women's NY chapter:

Quote:
“Women have just experienced the ultimate betrayal. Senator Kennedy’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic presidential primary campaign has really hit women hard. Women have forgiven Kennedy, stuck up for him, stood by him, hushed the fact that he was late in his support of Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave and Medical Act to name a few. Women have buried their anger that his support for the compromises in No Child Left Behind and the Medicare bogus drug benefit brought us the passage of these flawed bills. We have thanked him for his ardent support of many civil rights bills, BUT women are always waiting in the wings.

“And now the greatest betrayal! We are repaid with his abandonment! He’s picked the new guy over us. He’s joined the list of progressive white men who can’t or won’t handle the prospect of a woman president who is Hillary Clinton (they will of course say they support a woman president, just not “this” one). ‘They’ are Howard Dean and Jim Dean (Yup! That’s Howard’s brother) who run DFA (that’s the group and list from the Dean campaign that we women helped start and grow). They are Alternet, Progressive Democrats of America, democrats.com, Kucinich lovers and all the other groups that take women’s money, say they’ll do feminist and women’s rights issues one of these days, and conveniently forget to mention women and children when they talk about poverty or human needs or America’s future or whatever.

This latest move by Kennedy, is so telling about the status of and respect for women’s rights, women’s voices, women’s equality, women’s authority and our ability – indeed, our obligation - to promote and earn and deserve and elect, unabashedly, a President that is the first woman after centuries of men who ‘know what’s best for us.’”
Ahem. Cough.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHA!

*breath* Ahem. Cough. Ahem.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHA!

*wipes away tears*

I'm sorry. *giggle* I'm trying to keep a straight face.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...U2OTczMWI1YjQ=

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #24
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Yes- because Hillary is clearly the one the public views as the "flip-flopper."
What the hell does this have to do with debating?
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote