cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #21
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
A good post overall. I approach these issues in much the same way that you do.

I would point out though that Joseph himself was a mason and not just his brother.

Right. But wasn't his brother a mason first and then Jospeh joind?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:41 AM   #22
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

As a believer, for me, it is as simple as faith in something larger than myself … something that I or no one else can explain –I am giddy with delight in presenting the very idea. I know there is a God; even from my earliest recollection I have known it … and I have always understood that he desires to communicate with me; that there is a touch of divine that mingles with my thoughts, calls to me, knows me, understands I am potential; and breathes hope into me even in the darkest moments of despair that are the hallmark of human mortal existence.

There is more to knowledge than mere intellect, no matter how voracious or disciplined the possessor of said intellect may be … I have tasted the ‘more’, lived with it, suffered it, and watched it work miracles that I can in no way reconcile with the finite human concept of evidence … And yet the ‘more’ is so much easier to put my finger on -even after it has been taken from me.

That very same explanation (some would call a testimony, while others would classify as naive intellectual dishonesty) I am able to --daily-- project upon the Church, it’s leaders, it’s members and even it’s antagonists.

It is the single biggest reason I am blunt (or in the minds of some, harsh, non-Christian, rude, ignorant) and refuse to remain silent when that ‘potential’ is innocently and effortlessly challenged … merely because it can be challenged under the a guise of anonymity.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote