cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #201
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
It's the attitude that leads to Rocky getting some action.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:19 AM   #202
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default ;Should we invite your wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Hell, we discuss sexuality in the temple. One of the temple recommend questions involves sexual activity.

The church already has sexuality as a huge part of its doctrine and practices.

We've had instruction (and proscriptions) on birth control, oral sex, homosexuality, abstinence, petting, masturbation, childbearing, fornication, adultery, etc.

You could say sexuality is one of the most significant topics that is addressed in church. I don't think it's out of line to instruct the relief society to stop being so frigid. Every other instruction seems to be on what not to do sexually - maybe a little positive instruction would help.
to the instruction?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:21 AM   #203
exUte

Default Great. How many kids has that kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I have a friend who was about fourteen when his dad noticed he was spending an awful lot of time with older girls. The girls had a bit of a reputation around town, and his dad was highly suspicious of the girls' motives. So he warned his boy:

"Son, you be careful around those older girls. I've seen them looking at you and I got a feeling they might be after more than you're ready for."

He looked at his dad and said, "Dad, they ain't had no complaints so far."

He was grounded for two weeks, though he claims that didn't slow him down at all.
given to our society to care for. This kind of attitude is what is causing a lot of problems in the black community. Ask Bill Cosby.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 AM   #204
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruincoug View Post
"You engaged in absurd reductionism when you tied young women's sex appeal to their salvation, and then suggested that was the teaching of the church."

i did no such thing. what is "absurd reductionism" -- is that the same as reduction to absurdity? if you want to argue, at least bother reading and understanding what i say before attempting to disagree with it. then, before you respond, put my comments in context and ask yourself whether your beef is with some ancillary or inconsequential aspect of my point-- or whether it goes to heart of it.

"In your words, the church "adds pressure to be attractive" and "damns" other achievements by turning temple marriage into a "sweepstakes" where the losers question their standing in God's eyes."

wow. haha. reading this, i realized you simply did not comprehend much of what i (or anyone else) has said. i did not say that the Church (qua institution?) "damns" anything, did I? Where?

first, your reading comprehension has been awful so far. are you intentionally trolling? i'm not sure i should even be responding to this garbage.

second, your style of argument is obnoxious: you are seriously (and intentionally?) distorting others' words.

what exactly did I turn into a sweepstakes? I did not create temple marriage. nor have I turned it into anything. are you insinuating that it is inappropriate to say that a temple marriage is something valuable? prized? sought after? or to poetically suggest that the experience of courting / dating is akin to competition?

if i had said "brass ring" would you assail me for comparing a holy institution to a pagan ritual? just give up. i often call temple marriage the brass ring of YSA wards -- am i trivializing it? sinning by doing so? judge me!!!!

most importantly, you probably do not have many single LDS women friends (who are willing to open up to you anyway) if you are not aware of the heartache and anxiety that many have over whether they will ever marry in this life.

have you never heard a one wonder why she (a) has been denied the blessing of a temple marriage / worthy man and/or (b) question it is her somehow her fault (c) wonder whether she will have children -- and if not, why not?

your attack is ridiculous and embarassing, pal.
You've been Tex-ed.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 AM   #205
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This kind of attitude is what is causing a lot of problems in the black community.
Awesome.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 AM   #206
SoCalCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruincoug View Post
1. the implication of my point is not at all what you say. i'm not sure how in the world anyone would jump to that conclusion.
It's funny how often people say this to him.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
Old 10-30-2008, 04:25 AM   #207
SoCalCoug

Did exute just bring my wife into the discussion?

If I cared a lick whether he even continued breathing, I'd probably be pretty pissed at him.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:27 AM   #208
exUte

Default You disagree with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Awesome.
Cosby and other black leaders?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:30 AM   #209
exUte

Default Just wondering if she needs the lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Did exute just bring my wife into the discussion?

If I cared a lick whether he even continued breathing, I'd probably be pretty pissed at him.
on being less frigid. I sensed some frustration in your post........

The only temple question relates to relations outside of marriage! It's call adultery. That relates to relations within the marriage.............how?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:32 AM   #210
SoCalCoug

Quote:
on being less frigid. I sensed some frustration in your post........

The only temple question relates to relations outside of marriage! It's call adultery. That relates to relations within the marriage.............how?
You read as well as you write.