cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:00 AM   #11
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

BYU
Utah
UCLA
Jack Murphy(several holiday bowls)
UNT
Legion Field(Birmingham, AL - All-American Bowl)
The Cotton Bowl(the bowl game and ag SMU)
TCU
USU

Can't remember SDSU for sure.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

LES
RES
Utah State (always on National Tequila Day)
UCLA at the Rose Bowl
CSU (where the plot to snare Mrs. myboynoah was hatched)
Jack Murphy Stadium (THE game)
Navy at Annapolis

Wow, my list is short.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #13
VAX77

VAX77

Fusnik, what about ND did you not like? I really enjoyed my experience there. I hate Ohio State, so I am not sure if I would like it as much, but then again, I hated ND too before I went there.

I still think football in the south has a different feel than Pac-10 or Big Ten football.
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #14
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAX77
Fusnik, what about ND did you not like? I really enjoyed my experience there. I hate Ohio State, so I am not sure if I would like it as much, but then again, I hated ND too before I went there.

I still think football in the south has a different feel than Pac-10 or Big Ten football.
i hate the irish. i hated that stupid stadium. i hate the fans who think they are great. i hated the weather. i thought the campus was overrated. it was just a bad trip. i hate the irish love they get, seriously bothers me.

watching a game at the horseshoe is amazing. the crowd is amazing the stadium cool, and it is loud. the pre-game festivities were cool and it has a very cool college feel to the game.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i hate the irish. i hated that stupid stadium. i hate the fans who think they are great.
Interesting perspective. Were you also aware that this is the same thoughts that folks around the country have about BYU?

I'd love to see a game at South Bend, just to be able to see a game at South Bend. I'm no Irish fan, but it is the most storied program in all of college football. No team has had as many national championships and I don't think any other school has produced more All-Americans.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #16
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Quote:
i hate the irish. i hated that stupid stadium. i hate the fans who think they are great.
Interesting perspective. Were you also aware that this is the same thoughts that folks around the country have about BYU?

I'd love to see a game at South Bend, just to be able to see a game at South Bend. I'm no Irish fan, but it is the most storied program in all of college football. No team has had as many national championships and I don't think any other school has produced more All-Americans.
the irish are a program of the past and will never be what they once were. not unless they nut up and join a conference.

i could see how people feel the same way about byu. byu fans are generally amicable but in a lot of ways uneducated. i think utah fans in general are quite uneducated when it comes to football. we dont have a professional team here, football is not a cultural event, and women dont involve themselves in it.

i will say my favorite stadium in the mwc is res.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #17
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stadiums

LES
RES
Sam Boyd Stadium
Jack Murphy Stadium
Cals Stadium -memorial stadium i believe
NDs stadium
War memorial- scared for my life
UofA
Boise-smurf turf
Albequerque
Air force
the swamp- never seen so many hot skanky women in one place
cougjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #18
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that Boise smurf turf as hard on the eyes in person as it is on television?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 AM   #19
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Quote:

The only people that I've heard that from is the yewts. Most football fans that I've talked to around here about BYU know them mainly from all the great qbs that have gone through the program.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:09 AM   #20
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall

Most football fans that I've talked to around here about BYU know them mainly from all the great qbs that have gone through the program.
This is exactly what I experienced when living in Boston from 95-97. I thought that BYU had a pretty decent football rep, but most fans felt like we were a second rate program who had spit out some great QB's. Even the 96 season did nothing to change that thinking out there.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote