cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #11
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Hot chicks in Venezuela too. At least the Miss Venezuelan hooters girl was hot. (yes, there is a Miss Hooters contest. On Spike TV)
I wonder if the Venezuelan Hooters is as crappy as the Hooters I've been to. I've been to Hooters exactly twice. Once about ten years ago with a buddy just to see what it was like. The other time about three months ago in Costa Mesa, CA. I hated it both times.

I only went to the one in Costa Mesa because it was in the parking lot of my hotel. It was getting late and I was tired and hungry and there weren't really any other good options. The waitress/flirter had horrible breath. She kept coming over and trying to chit chat me and do stupid things like draw little hearts on my plate with ketchup. Man, she had some stanky breath! I hate how the flirters put their hands on your arm and try to make stereotypical Hooters Girl flirty small talk.

I felt like a complete moron in there by myself eating my dinner with that stinky-breath flirter bugging me. I should have just ordered it to go.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:58 AM   #12
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
I wonder if the Venezuelan Hooters is as crappy as the Hooters I've been to. I've been to Hooters exactly twice. Once about ten years ago with a buddy just to see what it was like. The other time about three months ago in Costa Mesa, CA. I hated it both times.

I only went to the one in Costa Mesa because it was in the parking lot of my hotel. It was getting late and I was tired and hungry and there weren't really any other good options. The waitress/flirter had horrible breath. She kept coming over and trying to chit chat me and do stupid things like draw little hearts on my plate with ketchup. Man, she had some stanky breath! I hate how the flirters put their hands on your arm and try to make stereotypical Hooters Girl flirty small talk.

I felt like a complete moron in there by myself eating my dinner with that stinky-breath flirter bugging me. I should have just ordered it to go.
The Miss Hooters girls are all waitresses at Hooters restaurants. I've been to Hooters twice myself - once in Newport Beach, and once in Midvale. Both times I felt uncomfortable like some sort of perv just for walking in. My waitresses were not Miss Hooters material either.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I told my Babe Ruthers a few years back that if they took first place in the league, I'd take them to Hooters to celebrate. Knowing that I ended up with 2 kids who were All-Stars, 3 that were kids who had played but nobody wanted on their team because they and/or their parents were complete jackasses and 7 who had never played before (these are 13-14 year olds, mind you) I felt safe that I would never have to take them there.

They ended up finishing the year at 17-3 and won the league by 4 games.

We didn't go to Hooters. Parents shot it down. We had pizza delivered and watched movies at one of the kid's house instead.

The best part was that I didn't have to pay for it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
We didn't go to Hooters. Parents shot it down.
Party poopers.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
We need more soccer players like Sam Cassell needs more ugly.
Very funny stuff, YOhio. Yes, indeed.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #16
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
We need more soccer players like Sam Cassell needs more ugly.
When you make statements like this Popeye Jones and Tyrone Hill feel so left out. Come on give ugly its due and recognize in all of its breathtaking splendor.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #17
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
...how long before we kill him?

There will be civil war, we will support the rebels, including a specials ops force to take Chavez himself.

He is setting himself up to be the dictator of Venezuela. Suppressing free speech, changing the constitution to allow himself to be "elected" indefinitely. Nationalizing all industries.

I think we need a 51st state. One with lots of oil. And soccer players.
Venezuela is a perennial doormat in S. American soccer. Even Peru and Bolivia are better. I don't think they'd be much help in that area.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 AM   #18
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

My thoughts on this thread...
  • There will be some sort of intervention in Venezuela within the next 3 years
  • Venezuelan soccer sucks, it's their baseball players we would tak (along with the oil)
  • Sam Cassell is quite ugly, no Tim Frost or Muresan, but he's up there
  • Though I had high hopes, both of my trips to Hooters were very disappointing (Las Vegas and Denver)
  • This is probably the most hijacked, off-topic thread ever

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 AM   #19
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
My thoughts on this thread...
  • There will be some sort of intervention in Venezuela within the next 3 years
  • Venezuelan soccer sucks, it's their baseball players we would tak (along with the oil)
  • Sam Cassell is quite ugly, no Tim Frost or Muresan, but he's up there
  • Though I had high hopes, both of my trips to Hooters were very disappointing (Las Vegas and Denver)
  • This is probably the most hijacked, off-topic thread ever
To further the thread jacking, my proudest moment as a Cougar fan in the MC was BYU against Utah. Tim Frost was at the foul line and I was seated under the hoop on the north side. I started a SMIGEL chant and in between free throws when the ref held the ball I started yelling, "Give him the precious! He wants the precious!"

I saw a smile break across some of the players. Man Tim Frost was ugly.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #20
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
To further the thread jacking, my proudest moment as a Cougar fan in the MC was BYU against Utah. Tim Frost was at the foul line and I was seated under the hoop on the north side. I started a SMIGEL chant and in between free throws when the ref held the ball I started yelling, "Give him the precious! He wants the precious!"

I saw a smile break across some of the players. Man Tim Frost was ugly.
Yes, Frost was ugly. But can BYU fans really bring that up without admitting that he was impressive compared to Jeff Campbell?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote