cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Well, I wish the couple the best. It must be hard to have these things under the bright lights of the media. It's hard enough when it's in private, at least in this culture.

She's certainly a good-looking woman, I must say, so I credit him on his good judgment in that department. She had caught my eye (in a totally appropriate way) way before I knew they were an item.

Who knows--maybe Unga not being in the NFL would be a blessing. Less head trauma and later disability. The Lord works in mysterious ways. It seems like Unga has handled himself with class in terms of his recent behavior.
Unga didn't do anything wrong other than break a civil contract; BYU could easily have forgiven him, waived the breach. But mendacity is always the reflexive move for BYU. That BYU decided to throw him to the dogs after he passed on the NFL, etc. bespeaks a very puritanical place in terms of sexual morality; a really backward place. The irony is that so far as I can tell LDS are all applauding France's burqa ban. Burqa-types and BYU are peas in a pod, except that unlike France, the United States is a free country. Once again, BYU makes itself look like an ass to the world. The irony is that Holmoe is whining about the Pac 10 not giving him a courtesy call when BYU was not invited to the Pac 10 for the same reason BYU kicked out Unga--VALUES.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, that wasn't predictable.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Harvey Unga pulls his hamstring.

If this is an injury that keeps him off the field, he is going to be cut for sure.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote