cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #11
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
This woman is Christmas for Democrats!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_139729.html
Don't count your presents yet. After Tuesday the Republicans will be done with her. Ok, she may represent Alaska in congress or the senate, but she won't be important nationally.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #12
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Don't count your presents yet. After Tuesday the Republicans will be done with her. Ok, she may represent Alaska in congress or the senate, but she won't be important nationally.
I totally disagree. I think she will claim the mantle of the leadership of the Republican party on Wednesday. Her and Romney will duke it out for the future of the party.

Republicans are a party divided. They don't know who they are, what they believe, or what their priorities are. Conservatives like Will and Brooks will lead the charge against her, and she will lead the charge with Huckabee and the like. This will be highly entertaining!
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Her and Romney will duke it out for the future of the party.
Her what is going to duke it out with Romney? Depending on what it is, I might pay to see that.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:43 PM   #14
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I totally disagree. I think she will claim the mantle of the leadership of the Republican party on Wednesday. Her and Romney will duke it out for the future of the party.

Republicans are a party divided. They don't know who they are, what they believe, or what their priorities are. Conservatives like Will and Brooks will lead the charge against her, and she will lead the charge with Huckabee and the like. This will be highly entertaining!
You shut your whore mouth! Jindal will lead us back from the wilderness, slaying the Palin and the Huckabee and the Romney.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #15
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Republicans are a party divided. They don't know who they are, what they believe, or what their priorities are. Conservatives like Will and Brooks will lead the charge against her, and she will lead the charge with Huckabee and the like.
That's exactly right. The intraparty strife is incredible. There are national organizations dedicated to "saving" the party, but nobody agrees on who's saving whom from whom. Even the organizations dedicated to reuniting the party are fraught with strife. The Jesus-GOPs believe they're on a mission from God to return America to the righteousness the forefathers intended, so they must not back down from their agenda. The Goldwater-GOPs believe they represent the original GOP and that the Jesus-GOPs are essentially hijackers that need to be stopped.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #16
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

And Clinton was a lock for the nomination in '08. You should know better than to predict 4 years out. You can't even manage 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
That's exactly right. The intraparty strife is incredible. There are national organizations dedicated to "saving" the party, but nobody agrees on who's saving whom from whom. Even the organizations dedicated to reuniting the party are fraught with strife. The Jesus-GOPs believe they're on a mission from God to return America to the righteousness the forefathers intended, so they must not back down from their agenda. The Goldwater-GOPs believe they represent the original GOP and that the Jesus-GOPs are essentially hijackers that need to be stopped.
Eh, it'll all shake out. Part of losing.

Were Obama to lose on Tuesday, the internecine fighting among the Democrats would make the current Republican problems look like a dinner party.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:40 AM   #17
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Eh, it'll all shake out. Part of losing.

Were Obama to lose on Tuesday, the internecine fighting among the Democrats would make the current Republican problems look like a dinner party.
But this has been going on for years in the GOP. It has nothing to do with losing. And there aren't even really competing factions within the Democratic party. All that would happen if Obama lost is Hillary would do her "I told you so" dance for the next four years. The party wouldn't reconsider its platform or its direction, though it might reconsider its rules for allocation of delegates.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 AM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
But this has been going on for years in the GOP. It has nothing to do with losing. And there aren't even really competing factions within the Democratic party. All that would happen if Obama lost is Hillary would do her "I told you so" dance for the next four years. The party wouldn't reconsider its platform or its direction, though it might reconsider its rules for allocation of delegates.
I tend to agree with you.

Let's hope the Republican Party cleanses itself of the crazies after this debacle, or the rest of us can head on over to the Libertarian Party.