cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Do you dispute any of that?
The McCain campaign is. See link above.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
Tex

Quote:
I love that they are trying to downplay this by attacking the Times (Newsweek found the exact same story through their own independent sources, by the way, and ran it yesterday too, though the McCain camp isn't bothering acknowledging that fact).

That will just make the story a bigger bomb when more people discover McCain is once again lying through his teeth.
To be fair, they aren't downplaying this "by attacking the Times." They are outright denying the story, and then attacking the Times on top.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I love that they are trying to downplay this by attacking the Times (Newsweek found the exact same story through their own independent sources, by the way, and ran it yesterday too, though the McCain camp isn't bothering acknowledging that fact).

That will just make the story a bigger bomb when more people discover McCain is once again lying through his teeth.
Actually, I don't think there will be any bomb at all.

This is interesting to me. McCain's spokesmen have actually gone on the record saying they know they're lying and they don't care:
"facts don't matter...we're running a campaign to win."

This may be a turning point in our politics. Campaigns have relied on distortion forever and ever. But this is the first time we have candidates being honest about their dishonesty, and no one cares. Why? "Because it works."

Somewhere Niccolo is smiling.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
Tex

Campbell Brown is PO'ed at Palin's media restrictions, and she's not afraid to throw a temper tantrum about it.

McCain is playing the media like a fiddle, and it's a beautiful thing to behold.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 09-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Campbell Brown is PO'ed at Palin's media restrictions, and she's not afraid to throw a temper tantrum about it.

McCain is playing the media like a fiddle, and it's a beautiful thing to behold.

McCain is falling in the polls. I don't think the Palin media restrictions are ultimately going to work. Then again, you could argue that if Palin answered questions from the press, the ticket would drop like a rock.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
McCain is falling in the polls. I don't think the Palin media restrictions are ultimately going to work.
McCain has slipped a little nationally, it's true, but it's hardly outside the margin of error either nationally or in key states. And I think it has far more to do with what's happening in the economy (folks are blaming the incumbent party in the White House) than anything Palin is or isn't doing.

Quote:
... many presume that we would be even more disappointed.
One could presume your mind is already made up. Few of the folks whining about access are those inclined to vote for her.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
Tex

Quote:
How can you be anything but unhappy about the lack of media access (which you said didn't bother you a few weeks back because you were so sure the media would have plenty of time to get to know her prior to the election)? What do we know about this person's policies? Almost nothing. Doesn't look like it will change anytime soon either. The nation may be on the verge of electing a total unknown to a position that could turn into the presidency, and all you can say is "they are playing the media like a fiddle!" as if that is an accomplishment in and of itself.

At least I don't have to wade through your posts on policy anymore, now that I know it doesn't actually matter at all to you.
She really gets to ya, doesn't she. Heh.

Maybe Obama ought to follow suit and put a muzzle on Biden.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 09-25-2008, 02:08 AM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
and with honesty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_128770.html

What is he doing? If you are going to challenge people to find any connection between your campaign manager and Fannie or Freddie, you really ought to know ahead of time that your campaign manager was paid by the mortgage giants until last month for "access" to John McCain! Rick Davis himself said there was no connection, and said there hadn't been since 2005. Now it is clear he approached Fannie personally in 2006 and asked them to continue making payments for access to McCain and that his company has rendered literally no documented services for that money.

Surely everyone here who was outraged that Obama received lots of campaign contributions from Fannie employees will be outraged about this...
I'm more concerned that the guy who pocketed millions of dollars as he ran either Fannie or Freddie into the ground is giving Obama economic advice.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote