cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Yes, obviously Palin generated excitement and fervor among the Republicans, all by her little old self. What do you want, a cookie for noticing?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #12
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Red Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Yes, obviously Palin generated excitement and fervor among the Republicans, all by her little old self. What do you want, a cookie for noticing?
clearly wants her back in the kitchen as to not disrupt the messiah from becoming president.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
Are you kidding me? Look at you all around here. What is the percentage of democrats on this board? And this has been a Palin-fest ever since her announcement.

Are you saying it has all only been in response to Democrat's responses?

And yes, I do recall one of the first posts around here was "is she hot?" I suppose that was from the Democrats too. . .
You are overstating a bit. We have a small but robust group of Palin critics from day one.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

This is funny.

Posting to complain about people posting about Palin.

Result: another thread about Palin

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #15
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

where to begin at this point? I'm not really a Palin critic, and as I've said before, I"m not a democrat. As some may recall, I am one of the disaffected former-Clinton supporters. One of those white women you hear political commentators going on about frequently. I'm no particular fan of Obama, either.

I merely don't get it with her, and I don't understand the fervor she's kicked up. I have been waiting for it to die down, but it hasn't, which was what prompted me to start this thread. But no one gave me a single reason for the interest. Just reasons why I should point the finger back at myself, a person who has not criticized her once.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll give you a reason - because she is the political opposite of Obama and Biden.

She believes that government is a hindrance, not a help; she doesn't support infanticide; she is pro-2nd Amendment; she is a real person.

That is why the GOP base has been excited.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #17
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
where to begin at this point? I'm not really a Palin critic, and as I've said before, I"m not a democrat. As some may recall, I am one of the disaffected former-Clinton supporters. One of those white women you hear political commentators going on about frequently. I'm no particular fan of Obama, either.

I merely don't get it with her, and I don't understand the fervor she's kicked up. I have been waiting for it to die down, but it hasn't, which was what prompted me to start this thread. But no one gave me a single reason for the interest. Just reasons why I should point the finger back at myself, a person who has not criticized her once.
You can't figure out even one reason, all on your own? All the Palin talk, and you've picked up on nothing?

She's a self-made conservative woman. She represents things that conservatives love, and liberals hate. Her pick defied all conventional wisdom. All of that makes for a lot of chatter.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:03 AM   #18
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
She believes that government is a hindrance, not a help...she is a real person.
I'm surprised you were so easily fleeced, Il Pad. You're smarter than that. They're selling you a story...she's a renegade, she's a reformer, she's a crimefighter. But the story is fiction. The truth is she's no different than all the others. She just looks different. Same as Obama.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:06 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I'm surprised you were so easily fleeced, Il Pad. You're smarter than that. They're selling you a story...she's a renegade, she's a reformer, she's a crimefighter. But the story is fiction. The truth is she's no different than all the others. She just looks different. Same as Obama.
Ya think?

I guess I need more practice at trying to be quasi-ironic.

But I do think Obama is more fake than she is.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #20
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Huh? This is what you wrote:

Quote:
I'm bored of Sarah Palin. Why do you want to talk about her so much? As so many of you keep pointing out, she's just the VP nominee.

I don't really understand who is happy with her as the choice, but I don't even care.
I was just pointing out the irony of your initial post.

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity can help you understand the excitement over Palin. I suggest you take a Pepcid first.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote