cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
Really? What else would he have said? Besides, IIRC, Obama was born to an eighteen-year-old single mother, correct?
I thought of this very thing....he could have used much double speak to spin it negatively:

"Obama, what do you think of Palin's kid being knocked up..."

"Well, teen pregnancy is a serious issue in America today.....I think....blah blah"

or

"I wish the Palin family much luck and success as they set out to make important decisions about the baby. This is something that I am sure they will approach with much care and thought....."

stuff like that.

instead, he simply said, "it is a non issue....should be off limits"

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree with Cali for once. He just looks like a kid. Teenagers are so stupid, not to mention selfish as reptiles.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
And she lives in Alaska. Besides hockey, what else is there for the kids to do?
This is why the Church counsels Alaskan Saints to avoid Eskimo kissing until marriage. This "soul kiss" usually only leads to more serous behavior, such as petting, necking, and harpooning.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #14
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
truthfully, the behavior of a future SIL should be a non-issue. I was actually surprised...when Obama was asked his thoughts on Palin's daughter being pregnant, he said it was a non-issue and should be off-limits.

Still, the media will continue to focus on it.

Palin has some dirt somewhere. The media will find it. Might not be great dirt, but it is there. Everyone has it.
I listen to MSNBC to get my clue as to how the left leaning media will handle things. They talked about it non-stop. Mainly about how the media shouldn't make anything of this and leave the kid alone and how proud they were of the way Obama said the children should be left out. They said this over and over again. Daughter pregnant, media should leave alone, Obama really taking high road.

The only thing that will change will be. Daughter is pregnant, boyfriend red neck hick, media should leave alone, Obama taking high road.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't see it relevant at all. Holland has a wayward son. Should we posit that he is a lousy father? Parents can be all-stars at parenting, but their kids still have agency. They can still make stupid decisions, particularly when it comes to emotions as powerful as sex. Not all of them are going to do what they are supposed to do, and I simply can't assume that it is the parents' fault. Maybe it is the parents' fault in some instances, in fact, I am certain in many instances the parents bear a lot of the responsibility. It is quite a leap, though, to conclude that the parents did something wrong, or even to judge the parents negatively, for something children did.

I applaude Palin for being supportive of her daughter. The issue of teenage pregnancy should not be a political weapon.
How is it helpful to pass along false rumors. No way could Holland have a wayward son.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
How is it helpful to pass along false rumors. No way could Holland have a wayward son.
I don't believe an apostle could have a wayward son. But Bishops' sons are almost all wayward. So maybe Holland was a Bishop during his sons' formative years.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #17
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I don't believe an apostle could have a wayward son. But Bishops' sons are almost all wayward. So maybe Holland was a Bishop during his sons' formative years.
It would be an interesting study. It seems to me more daughters of Bishops become wayward than sons.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #18
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I don't see it relevant at all. Holland has a wayward son. Should we posit that he is a lousy father? Parents can be all-stars at parenting, but their kids still have agency. They can still make stupid decisions, particularly when it comes to emotions as powerful as sex. Not all of them are going to do what they are supposed to do, and I simply can't assume that it is the parents' fault. Maybe it is the parents' fault in some instances, in fact, I am certain in many instances the parents bear a lot of the responsibility. It is quite a leap, though, to conclude that the parents did something wrong, or even to judge the parents negatively, for something children did.

I applaude Palin for being supportive of her daughter. The issue of teenage pregnancy should not be a political weapon.
You don't think your party will pound on this story for weeks, supported by the media. Yeah, Ohbama takes the high road but he knows behind the scenes his surrogates will fuel that flame.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I was actually surprised...when Obama was asked his thoughts on Palin's daughter being pregnant, he said it was a non-issue and should be off-limits.
You believed his answer?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #20
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default According to your studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
LOL.

You are a piece of work. I was just thinking of the bishop's sons from the bishops in my ward over the years:

Bishop GL: 4 sons. All missions. All married in the temple. Two attorneys, 1 in dental school, one at BYU.

Bishop JH: 2 sons. Both missions. One attends the U. One attends the Y. 1 married in the temple.

Bishop MM: 1 son. Mission. Will attend BYU on return from England.

Bishop BJ: 2 sons. 1 currently on mission. Student body pres. 1 in high school.

So basically your claim that 'almost all' are wayward, is waaaayyyyyward off base. But thanks for attempting another dig at the church and it's leadership and parenting skills.

Last edited by exUte; 09-02-2008 at 08:23 PM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote