cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
You and Sagarin are a ways apart. You ought to keep track this year and see how you do vs Sagarin. Maybe you could get in USA today instead of Sagarin.

What does your model say about Washington.

PS I didn't use a model to pick the score last week. How did you do against me.

1. It was a joke. My model usually matches up close to Sagarin.

2. Very difficult to use a model on the first game of the season. I would bet you any amount I'd beat you, you going by your heart me going by my model every game of the week all season long.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #12
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
See the problem Jay is that I don't think you really believe that UNI is better than Michigan. Mars on the other hand . . .
If you would put money down that Michigan ends the season with a better Sagarin ranking than Northern Iowa, you would be an idiot. Which you obviously are.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
If you would put money down that Michigan ends the season with a better Sagarin ranking than Northern Iowa, you would be an idiot. Which you obviously are.
I wouldn't put down money on Sagarin ratings, but I would put down money if Michigan was playing UNI at the Big House. I think it is cute that you are such a BYU homer that you really think that a UNI team that has fewer scholarship players and less talent can consistently compete with Michigan even in a down year.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #14
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Then I'm an idiot too.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
You know what is sad though funk?

UM is really not that much better than UNI; nice win in the big house, would have been bigger if not for App State having done it already.

Kind of takes the steam out of the Yoots win, knowing that a D-II team has already done it.
I may be wrong, but doesn't App. State have more wins on the road against BCS teams in the last few years than BYU?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #16
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I may be wrong, but doesn't App. State have more wins on the road against BCS teams in the last few years than BYU?
lol. Nice.

To be fair, BYU didn't get the chance to play Michigan opening game last year. Still, would Michigan have played with the same level of effort had they been playing a FBS team (even from a lowly non-BCS conf)?

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
lol. Nice.

To be fair, BYU didn't get the chance to play Michigan opening game last year. Still, would Michigan have played with the same level of effort had they been playing a FBS team (even from a lowly non-BCS conf)?
Good question, though I'd guess that after last year, Michigan isn't going to take anyone lightly ever again.

I find it amusing that we folks like to compare the competition of the previous game to decide which of the two teams is better or has played better opponents. BYU played NIU because it was the game scheduled Saturday. Utah played Michigan because it was the game scheduled. Two different games with no connection other than rivalry banter.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #18
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Good question, though I'd guess that after last year, Michigan isn't going to take anyone lightly ever again.

I find it amusing that we folks like to compare the competition of the previous game to decide which of the two teams is better or has played better opponents. BYU played NIU because it was the game scheduled Saturday. Utah played Michigan because it was the game scheduled. Two different games with no connection other than rivalry banter.
True enough. And when Utah plays Weber State, they'll play the team they're scheduled to play...

I'll point out I've made ZERO comments on the quality of the team Utah played on Saturday. That may be because I just simply don't care all that much...

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote