cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

I miss those days of just a pair of Oakley Factory Pilots on my head and the wind blowing through my hair as I rode.

Sorry about that, the sun glass subject took me reminiscing for a minute. Now back to 2008 where helmets are good and my hair is gone.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
FMCoug

FMCoug

You mean I need special sunglasses too? What the hell have I gotten myself into?
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #13
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
You mean I need special sunglasses too? What the hell have I gotten myself into?
no need for 'special' sunglasses. you want protective eyeware however from sun, bugs and debris getting into your eyes.

for me, i just want to look cool and ride my bike in HD so i'm splurging a little on frames and good lenses.

cycling is the most expensive sport i've ever been apart of. frame, components, pedals, shoes, socks, sunglasses, water bottle cages, sports drink that makes you think you are Lance, shorts/bibs, jerseys, cyclometer, trainer, lights, shells, tights, gloves, helmet, ... it never ends and it can go as expensive as you want. i spend more time buying crap than actual hardcore training.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #14
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

I guess you don't scuba dive? The first words out of my instructor's mouth way back when I certified were "Scuba diving is an equipment-intensive sport." At least with bikes, once you've bought the gear you're pretty much done. With diving, you still have to pay for every trip out to a reef (unless you live next door to a great dive site and can dive from shore).
mtnbiker310 is offline   Reply With Quote