cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #11
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Yes, you are correct. Thanks for the help.
Adobe. Can y'all say that? Adobe.

A do be.

One of my all-time favorite movies.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 AM   #12
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

I truly found my bike this time. It is the same as last time but this bike is brand new. I found a bike shop in northern California with a closeout 61cm for slightly more than I was paying for the used one. Very Happy. It gets here on Friday. Yeah......search complete!

The only thing I need to change is the chain rings. It came with compact and i want the 53/39.

bike.

specs

FRAME Specialized FACT 8r carbon, Az1 construction, compact design, Zertz inserts
REAR SHOCK N/A
FORK Specialized FACT monocoque carbon fork; full carbon legs, crown and steerer w/ Zertz inserts
HEADSET Specialized Mindset Plus Carbon, 1 1/8" integrated threadless, cartridge sealed bearings, alloy 20mm cone w/ one 10mm and two 5mm alloy spacers
STEM S-Works FACT carbon stem, 31.8mm handlebar clamp
HANDLEBARS S-Works SL FACT carbon aero handlebar, short-reach drop, 31.8mm clamp
TAPE / GRIPS Body Geometry Bar Phat, Soft-Touch cork ribbon w/ 2.5mm gel padding
FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra
REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra
BRAKE LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace, 10-speed STI, flight deck compatible
FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra, 34.9mm clamp, bottom pull
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Dura-Ace, short cage
SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Dura-Ace, 10-speed STI, flight deck compatible
CASSETTE / FREEWHEEL Shimano Ultegra, 12-27t
CHAIN Shimano Dura-Ace, 10-speed
CRANKSET FSA K-Force MegaExo, 2-piece carbon crankset
CHAINRINGS 50x34T
BOTTOM BRACKET FSA MegaExo, integrated exterior cartridge bearings, alloy
PEDALS Composite body test ride pedals
RIMS Roval Classique Fusee, mid-section alloy rim, sleeve joint, machined braking surfaces
FRONT HUB Roval Classique Fusee, 20 hole, forged alloy body, sealed cartridge bearings, Roval QR
REAR HUB Roval Classique Fusee, 24 hole, forged alloy body, sealed cartridge bearings, alloy cassette body, Roval QR
SPOKES DT stainless 14/15g butted aero, hidden nipples
FRONT TIRE Specialized Roubaix Pro, 700x23/25c, aramid bead, 120TPI
REAR TIRE Specialized Roubaix Pro, 700x23/25c, aramid bead, 120TPI
TUBES Specialized standard presta tube
SADDLE Body Geometry Toupé Gel, superlight foam, carbon reinforced base, hollow Ti rails, microfiber cover
SEAT POST Specialized Pro SL, FACT carbon w/ Zertz insert, 27.2mm
SEAT BINDER Specialized CNC, alloy
NOTES Carbon chain stay protector, derailleur hanger, clear coat, owners manual
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #13
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Man, that is a purty bike, Coach. Its great from top to bottom, and if you get it for less than $2K, its practically highway robbery. I'm not familiar with that particular wheelset, but I'm sure its just as good as everything else it comes with. My main question is why did you go with the 53/29 instead of the 50/34?

Mind if I ask where in Northern California you found it?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Man, that is a purty bike, Coach. Its great from top to bottom, and if you get it for less than $2K, its practically highway robbery. I'm not familiar with that particular wheelset, but I'm sure its just as good as everything else it comes with. My main question is why did you go with the 53/29 instead of the 50/34?

Mind if I ask where in Northern California you found it?
Okay, with shipping it was a touch north of 2K but still a great deal in my book. I have not switched the chain rings yet, but I am more of a Jan Ulrich than a Lance Armstrong type. I tend to push harder in a larger gear than high cadence. But this is my first road bike so I speak in Mtn. Bike terms. Maybe I will end up liking the compact and keep it, I dont know.

So long story how I found it. I was watching the bike on ebay. It did not sell so I contacted the seller to see if he was going to relist it. He said to make an offer. I did and he accepted. He told me his friend owns a bike shop, In San Francisco, and he is in charge of clearing last year model bikes. He put me in touch with the bike shop since we had taken the transaction outside of eBay and I paid over the phone.

I can't wait for the thing to get here. But then I have to take it to Racers to get built and then I have to figure out how to ride it with no cold weather gear.
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote