cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #11
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Assuming you had to vote Dem, who would you choose? It is a hypo, so play along.
Hillary. R's would take over Congress in 2010 and likely win in 2012. It's kind of like taking a safety to get better field position. I also hold hopes that she would govern in a similar manner as her husband. Triangulating. Calculating. Willing to abandon ideology to take a popular stance. Shifting with the political winds. That's the best we can hope for from a Dem.

Edwards is a phony twit.

I don't see the appeal of Obama. Aside from his impressive political and academic career, he has done nothing of note. A nation so rich in talent and ability can certainly do better than him.

Last edited by YOhio; 12-10-2007 at 09:02 PM.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I don't see the appeal of Obama. Aside from his impressive political and academic career, he has done nothing of note. A nation so rich in talent and ability can certainly do better than him.
Are you saying W was our best Republican choice? It is the same principle.

Individual abilities are becoming less and less important. Nobodys runs this country solo. It takes a village....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #13
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

The best thing about having Obama in the White House would be seeing the White House Tour on MTV's Cribs.

As they enter the Lincoln bedroom," "Yo yo yo, check it, this is where the magic happens. . ." We'd have Scarface posters on the wall next to the Monets. The putting green would be replaced with a BBQ pit. It would be blacktastic.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote