cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Wouldn't it be fun for once to see someone of Petraeus's stature go up to Reid on camera and say, Senator, are you calling me a liar.

Reid of course would hmm and ha about what he is saying isn't really calling him a liar. Then, I would love to have Petraeus say, sir, you are a f'en wimp. You call people liars and yet to their face you dance around. No wonder people think Congress full of a bunch of a-holes.

I wouldn't use such language, but a general in the Army would.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #12
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Crissy Matthews will be pushing hard the notion that White House speech writers wrote Petraeus's stuff for him.
You really think so? Matthews you don't have to agree with but unlike a lot of liberals, he didn't pretend to favor the war before he opposed it. He's been consistently opposed and I think that is a respectable position. But I don't think he'll make the accusation you say he will.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote