cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #11
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I am embarassed to admit that I have only two families. That's all anyone has. One of the benefits of 95% activity in our ward. And the entire ward boundary is about two blocks by two blocks. Yes folks, Provo is a very unique place. There is no excuse whatsoever to not do your hometeaching here.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:29 AM   #12
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
I am embarassed to admit that I have only two families. That's all anyone has. One of the benefits of 95% activity in our ward. And the entire ward boundary is about two blocks by two blocks. Yes folks, Provo is a very unique place. There is no excuse whatsoever to not do your hometeaching here.
Unless one of your families does not want to be taught.

We just got new ht assignments with the new year. Two of the three families(branches of the same family) on my list I've had before. Both of their church attendance was, and is, sporadic at best and one of the families was darned near impossible to get a hold of. With the other one of the two, I could get a hold of the father but he always said that he had to check with his wife. And when I called back he never had. The third family's father is a member of the EQ presidency.

I'll probably have to utilize the 'drop in' method. I don't really like to do it that way but with some families I don't see much choice.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:38 AM   #13
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
I'll probably have to utilize the 'drop in' method. I don't really like to do it that way but with some families I don't see much choice.
Sure you have a choice, respect that fact that they are exercising their free agency and don;t want to see you. I know where you are coming from, but seriously, of all the things I could get offended about in the course of contact with other members, unannounced visits are the only ones that genuinely piss me off. I think it is simply a matter of respect and when you show up unannounced you chose to show disrespect. That's my snarkly little perspective on it anyway. :-)
Old 01-17-2006, 05:20 AM   #14
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Sure you have a choice, respect that fact that they are exercising their free agency and don;t want to see you. I know where you are coming from, but seriously, of all the things I could get offended about in the course of contact with other members, unannounced visits are the only ones that genuinely piss me off. I think it is simply a matter of respect and when you show up unannounced you chose to show disrespect. That's my snarkly little perspective on it anyway. :-)

I appreciate your perspective but I don't think that that's a blanket solution. Many 'less active' members who are later activated didn't want to see their hometeachers at first either. Besides, if they don't say not to come back then you have to keep trying.

I don't like the stop in either but if you can never get a hold of them what are you supposed to do?
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote