cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I'm sure they plotted this kiss on the cheek in order to attack the church.

I'm curious to know if security has ever ordered anyone else off church property because of a kiss on the cheek.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

That it was "only" a kiss on the cheek seems highly improbable to me.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Seems like there's no shortage of hyperbole to go around.
Yes, Tex. Hyperbole is the thing we should focus on most here.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I'm guessing the two men involved are not as innocent in their part as they would like us to think. I'm sure they went there to cause trouble for the church.

Do people not understand that the owner of private property can make the rules for behavior on that property and that those rules must be followed or suffer the consequences?

Boo-freaking-hoo. No tears for the two men and kudos to the church for not acquiescing the leftist crybabies.
You "are sure?" Really? How did you obtain this knowledge?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I'm guessing the two men involved are not as innocent in their part as they would like us to think. I'm sure they went there to cause trouble for the church.

Do people not understand that the owner of private property can make the rules for behavior on that property and that those rules must be followed or suffer the consequences?

Boo-freaking-hoo. No tears for the two men and kudos to the church for not acquiescing the leftist crybabies.
Why give the people the notoriety they seek, no matter the perspective you have. "Handcuffing"? Come on. A simple, "hey guys, we frown upon that here", would have been more effective and would not have received negative news attention.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #16
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why give the people the notoriety they seek, no matter the perspective you have. "Handcuffing"? Come on. A simple, "hey guys, we frown upon that here", would have been more effective and would not have received negative news attention.
EDIT: Nevermind. Found it in this article linked by Drudge. It sounds like "hey guys, we frown upon that here" is close to what happened:

Quote:
Aune, 28, said he gave Jones, 25, a hug and kiss and that the two were then approached by a security guard, who asked them to leave, telling them they were being inappropriate and that public displays of affection aren't allowed on the property. He said other guards arrived and the men were handcuffed.

Church spokeswoman Kim Farah said in a statement Friday that the men were "politely asked to stop engaging in inappropriate behavior — just as any other couple would have been."
Apparently the men were handcuffed after refusing to leave. Probably a little over the top, but what else are you going to do with two men who are yelling obscenities and refusing to leave the property?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 07-13-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #17
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
EDIT: Nevermind. Found it in this article linked by Drudge. It sounds like "hey guys, we frown upon that here" is close to what happened:

Apparently the men were handcuffed after refusing to leave. Probably a little over the top, but what else are you going to do with two men who are yelling obscenities and refusing to leave the property?
"Probably a little over the top?"

Brother.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
"Probably a little over the top?"

Brother.
Do it like they do in Fort Worth. Slam him into something, sending him to the hospital with a head injury. Then claim that he "groped" a police officer.

So if a gay couple attended sacrament meeting, and one of the two rubbed the back of the other, would that get them asked to leave in the middle of sacrament meeting? After all, I've seen hetero couples do this more times than I can count.

One of my Tongan mission comps from Utah would go to the mall and walk around holding hands w/ another guy in order to scandalize people. He was ahead of his time.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6529632.html

Fort Worth mayor apologizes.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I agree with you in that it should have been handled this way. I'm just of the belief that they were not as innocent as they would have everyone believe.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote