cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I have been avoiding the threads on the priesthood the last coupoe of days becasue the comments I want to make meander from rude to obnoxious to unpleasant and I really can't see that I am going to add much constructive apart from what few comments I made early on, so I just say no.

I must say, however, that Goat's post here was very amusing, effective and salient all while not giving up the high ground.
Hilarious if you are white and Mormon and grew up in Idaho or Utah.

Black guys have huge dicks, HAR, HAR, HAR!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Since I was born and raised in the LA area I have far more street cred than you. You see my roommate at West Point for Beast Barracks was James Monroe Lewis IV from Raleigh, NC and to quote my good mother when James was visiting my home for my missionary farewell: "James, why do they keep calling you Mulee?"

You see, James Monroe Lewis IV was hung like the 4th Army Mule, cracka!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Ok, not that part. I guess I might qualify some of it, but your attitude is remarkably self-righteous and persistently arrogant. I read these posts and even though in many respects (but not all) I agree with you, I find it very difficult to weigh in without being very negative toward you and your approach. I thought GN lampooned that aspect of what you have been doing quite well. Some of the rest of his post, maybe not as much, but he is what he is and we all understand that.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:51 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, not that part. I guess I might qualify some of it, but your attitude is remarkably self-righteous and persistently arrogant. I read these posts and even though in many respects (but not all) I agree with you, I find it very difficult to weigh in without being very negative toward you and your approach. I thought GN lampooned that aspect of what you have been doing quite well. Some of the rest of his post, maybe not as much, but he is what he is and we all understand that.
OK, I'll be a little more blunt (just another service I provide).

Mike, you are making some excellent points. Like Creekster, I am mainly on your side in this one. But you don't have to be so damned humorless and condescending while making your case. And if you respond to this post by pointing out how you are trying to demonstrate "true courage" to all of us spineless white mormons, I think I just might vomit on my keyboard. Lighten up already.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I am a lone figure in the darkness, at the crest of the hill, with a sword in hand, aglow with fire, the fire of truth.

I do not apologize. I will not be stopped. Victory is mine.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am a lone figure in the darkness, at the crest of the hill, with a sword in hand, aglow with fire, the fire of truth.

I do not apologize. I will not be stopped. Victory is mine.
See, this sort of crap just undermines your position becaseu it makes it look like you are just playing. Really, this sounds like hyperbole, like it's just one more little mikewaters internet game and, hardee har har, what a good time it was yanking everybody's chain about THAT topic, eh? Well, if you are only 1/2 as serious about this as you claim to be then act like it and enageg people with the respect you expect to be shown to your own position. I mean look who is rooting you on, SU and Hyrum! Come on, turn it DOWN to 11.

(Is this blunt enough Jeff L.?)

Last edited by creekster; 12-18-2007 at 12:10 AM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Without the most fierce proponents, there is no scale. There is no 0 to 10. THere is only 4 through 6.

I have to be the 10 because no one else gives a damn.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:48 AM   #8
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

(Is this blunt enough Jeff L.?)
Well done.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 AM   #9
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

I know one of the players on the 69 wyoming team. He told me this story when he found out I was from BYU.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think all efforts to be funny in this thread are lame. Thanking Wyoming for relinquishing its football dominance by failing to support the black 14's exercise of their freedom of speech in protest of BYU's racism is pretty crass coming from BYU fans. (Wyoming got what it deserved by booting those players but BYU fans are not entitled to gloat about Wyoming's karma for behaving so badly.) No one thinks what happened in 1969 was funny except apparently BYU fans. For blacks, Wyoming administrators, and for LDS and BYU fans who lived through the event it was an awful time.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 12-17-2007 at 11:00 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote