cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
What are you taking about? Air Force is a better team than UW, by a mile. BYU's other three games have been at home against three other REALLY bad teams. Utah has played one REALLY bad team, and has two road wins.

Utah has the inside track because it plays BYU in Salt Lake City. Stop being so obsequious and show some guts.
As others have told you SU, stick to ballet. You have no idea what you're talking about here.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 AM   #12
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Now, if only South Florida would lose....I think we could both toast to that.
South Florida is in the Big East. They have no impact on us no name programs cracking the BCS.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:54 AM   #13
CJF

Quote:
What are you taking about? Air Force is a better team than UW, by a mile. BYU's other three games have been at home against three other REALLY bad teams. Utah has played one REALLY bad team, and has two road wins.

Utah has the inside track because it plays BYU in Salt Lake City. Stop being so obsequious and show some guts.
You're adorable when you try to talk football. I imagine this is how I would sound if I tried to discuss wine tasting with you.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 AM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
South Florida is in the Big East. They have no impact on us no name programs cracking the BCS.
I just meant for moving up in rankings. Most of the teams ahead of us would climb back over us eventually, even with one loss.

South Florida would be done with one loss.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:58 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
There was a big cheer at LES when the ECU score flashed on the board.

Now, if only South Florida would lose....I think we could both toast to that.
Isn't South Florida in a BCS conference? (ACC?)

It's a bigger deal for other non-BCS conference teams to get taken out of consideration for a BCS bid. Nothing is going to stop a team from each of the self-proclaimed better conferences getting in.

The best scenario, IMO, would have been for a team like ECU and Utah (for me) or BYU (for you) to both end up undefeated and ranked high enough in the BCS polls to qualify for a BCS bowl.

It wouldnever happen though, because the cretins that run the BCS would make sure to manipulate the data enough to keep one out, if not both.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:58 AM   #16
CJF

Quote:
I just meant for moving up in rankings. Most of the teams ahead of us would climb back over us eventually, even with one loss.

South Florida would be done with one loss.
As bad as the Big East is this year, USF will lose at least one conference game. They don't have good depth yet in that program and they'll wear down as the season goes on. WVU and dare I say it, Pitt and UCONN will take them out. They'll lose two of those three games this year.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:58 AM   #17
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Michigan sure did look good last week against Notre Dame. I am sure you are referring to them as that really bad team.

I don't know if I would be praising Air Force right now. Their wins were against SUU, Wyoming and Houston. Houston just lost to a bad CSU.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:01 AM   #18
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
As others have told you SU, stick to ballet. You have no idea what you're talking about here.
Yeah, I've always been so impressed with your cutting edge, insightful football analysis. I'd love to paruse some of your offerings again. Will you link me some to save me some time?

I never claimed football analysis was my thing. I still say you're a gratuitious ass kisser. What's "inside track" supposed to mean in this context anyway? They're both 4-0. In fact, Utah has one more win in the MWC, having played two of the better teams (unlike BYU), and Utah will play BYU at home. YOU don't know what you're talking about. The difference between you and me is you pretend to know more than you do.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:02 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Michigan sure did look good last week against Notre Dame. I am sure you are referring to them as that really bad team.

I don't know if I would be praising Air Force right now. Their wins were against SUU, Wyoming and Houston. Houston just lost to a bad CSU.
I don't know if we can play the "which opponent has played better teams" game right now. Michigan sucks and the UCLA win over Tennessee isn't as impressive as it was before last week.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:03 AM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

BYU will dominate AFA. It' won't be close.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote